How can we generate automatically random humanoid characters

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

How can we generate automatically random humanoid characters

Postby Shreyansh_Dubey » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:20 am

I have to create a dataset of human body models, the models can be random in size and measurements, can somebody tell me how can I write a script in Makehuman software so that it would generate about 100 different models of human body or if any reference can be provided so that I can create one myself. Please help someone, Thank You.
Shreyansh_Dubey

Re: How can we generate automatically random humanoid charac

Postby zorek11 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 am

Hello,
I am trying to do the same. I've gotten to the point where i can random generate a human with clothes and different skins and hair. Currently working on multiple generation. Let me know if you want to work together.
zorek11

Postby nat49 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:29 pm

zorek11 wrote:Hello,
I am trying to do the same. I've gotten to the point where i can random generate a human with clothes and different skins and hair. Currently working on multiple generation. Let me know if you want to work together.

Hello how are you getting on? Would you be interested in generating humanoids for an app? The measurements would be supplied by users camera body scan and the clothing from my own clothing line. Let me know if you are interested
nat49

Postby blindsaypatten » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:47 pm

I don't know anything about the MakeHuman API so I can't help you do it via that route, but might want to look at the .mhm files that MakeHuman saves to, they are quite a simple plain text format and you could easily write a program with whatever your favorite programming tool is to generate .mhm files with random variations. Generating humans with specific measurement would require some experimentation to find which targets you want to use, and the exact relationship between target settings and measurements.
blindsaypatten

Postby nat49 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:03 am

blindsaypatten wrote:I don't know anything about the MakeHuman API so I can't help you do it via that route, but might want to look at the .mhm files that MakeHuman saves to, they are quite a simple plain text format and you could easily write a program with whatever your favorite programming tool is to generate .mhm files with random variations. Generating humans with specific measurement would require some experimentation to find which targets you want to use, and the exact relationship between target settings and measurements.

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I'm not a developer, so forgive my lack of knowledge but are you saying a dev could use any programming language for mobile app development to generate .mhm files and then its a kind of mapping exercise between the mhm target settings and the input measurements?
nat49

Postby blindsaypatten » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:15 pm

Yes. ;)

You mention mobile development, I don't think MakeHuman itself runs on mobile devices, but certainly you could generate the .mhm files on a mobile device.
blindsaypatten

Postby nat49 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:03 pm

blindsaypatten wrote:Yes. ;)

You mention mobile development, I don't think MakeHuman itself runs on mobile devices, but certainly you could generate the .mhm files on a mobile device.

Thanks for the tip, now that I can make a comprehensible request :D I'm going to put it out there on the forum and see if anyone is interested.
nat49

Return to General discussions about makehuman