Trying to Find the Delete Faces Code

MakeHuman python API, python plugins, etc

Moderator: joepal

Trying to Find the Delete Faces Code

Postby MTKnife » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 pm

I'd like to write a modification to MakeHuman to make it automatically deform assets beneath other assets (not a problem when things are entirely covered, but when you start to get into partial covering, or transparent clothing, it's an issue). Right now, the application does this by deleting faces underneath a given piece of clothing, but it's a pain to set up, and often still leaves the clothing underneath sticking out. Simply deforming the meshes instead, based on their layers (so that clothes always end up over skin, regular clothes over underwear, etc. would avoid the need for choosing delete faces in MakeClothes. In principle, it should also avoid the problem of body parts sticking through clothes. Mind you, it wouldn't change how things look once you export them to Blender--you'd have to change MHX2 for that, though I suppose you could add a functionality to allow you to save deformed meshes as new assets.

Anyway...the hardest part of the exercise should be identifying which faces cover the same section of the body. it occurred to me that the code that handles things when "Hide faces under clothes" is checked should already do t his--it would then be simply a matter of figuring out how to displace each of the involved vertices. Does anyway know what script contains this code?
MTKnife

Re: Trying to Find the Delete Faces Code

Postby RobBaer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Are you looking for plugins/3_libraries_clothes_chooser.py?
RobBaer

Re: Trying to Find the Delete Faces Code

Postby MTKnife » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:25 am

Wow, yes, that appears to be it. Thanks! It never occurred to me to look in the plugins.
MTKnife

Return to Python scripts