Need help scripting dimensions in modeling>measure tab

MakeHuman python API, python plugins, etc

Moderator: joepal

Need help scripting dimensions in modeling>measure tab

Postby maryamfatima » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:12 am

Hello there!

I'm relatively new to MakeHuman and I've been exploring its GUI for creating and modifying human models. I'm currently working on a project where I need to generate human models with specific dimensions like height, bust, waist, and hip measurements, similar to the options available in the modeling>measure tab. While I've delved into the MakeHuman (MH) API, I haven't found any functions specifically related to these measurements (please correct me if I'm mistaken). My initial attempt involved scripting to achieve this functionality, but I faced challenges due to the absence of relevant API functions.

As an alternative, I tried a different approach by creating a Python script that generates an MHM file based on provided measurements in inches. However, I encountered an issue when determining the maximum values for each dimension. Initially, I obtained these values from the GUI, and the script worked well. However, I later realized that the maximum slider values vary based on factors such as weight, muscle, proportions, and height.

My current dilemma is twofold:

- Is there a way to programmatically obtain the maximum values of the sliders for dimensions like height, bust, waist, and hip, considering my MHM file generation approach?
- Alternatively, is there a method to update values in the measurement subtag through a script, providing a more dynamic way to set these dimensions?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or insights into the correct direction for my project. Thank you!
maryamfatima

Return to Python scripts