Moderator: joepal

Testing new python API

Postby Manuel » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:48 pm

A rough version of MakeHuman python api documentation is available here:

http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman/api/index.html
Manuel

Re: Testing new python API

Postby Sethren » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:45 am

I have no idea how to use Python. What needs to be downloaded and how do you run all of this?
Sethren

Postby Manuel » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:58 am

Sethren wrote:I have no idea how to use Python. What needs to be downloaded and how do you run all of this?

...it's no needed you know python to use mh, but surely it's needed to test python API.
Besides, you should be able to download from svn and compile the C engine.
So don't worry if you can't use all of this: this section is for python developers only (with a minimum background of C too).

Anyway, as soon as the API will be more stable, I'll put online some binaries, in order to reduce the skill needed to help us:
only python and no svn and no C.

Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby Sethren » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:26 am

I know nothing about compiling nor what a binary is. Sorry, programming lingo for me is foreign. I just do art. :)

I guess i'll wait until there is a GUI available to use.
Sethren

Postby Manuel » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:14 am

Manuel

Postby Sethren » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:52 pm

So does this mean that the new release of MakeHuman in sooner?
Sethren

Postby Manuel » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:56 pm

Sethren wrote:So does this mean that the new release of MakeHuman in sooner?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=259
Manuel

Postby mmuller » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:05 am

I just came by to check out the latest makehuman goodness today. I am so excited to see that there is now a Python API. Looking forward to playing with it . Thanks!
mmuller

Python API outside of MH-proper

Postby PapaRaven » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:54 am

I hoped I could implement what m.e asked about in an earlier post: Use MH as a Library ... in Blender. I started off with the example files you (Manuel) posted (in reply to m.e), but then saw that scons was already creating a mh.so file. So I made symbolic links to mh.so, mh_core and mh_plugins in my Blender linux2 directory (where Blender's scons compile puts the blender executable), but apparently I really don't know what to do next. "import mh" just gives me a "Segmentation fault".

Not to get too ahead of things, but I was also wondering once the MH module is correctly imported into Blender, what will this provide? Is it actually possible to produce a MH mesh in the context of the Blender UI, just like another Blenderable entity?

Thanks
PapaRaven

Postby mflerackers » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:33 am

Possible reason for the crash might be that you build the mh library with another version of python than used by blender.
It will not create blender objects or geometry. The library is mostly used while developing makehuman, as it makes python debugging possible, as well as to create several humans quickly from a script. The closest you can do (without too much programming) is to make a script within blender which creates a human, exports it to file and loads the file so you have the geometry.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Next

Return to Python scripts