Teeth and tongue?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Teeth and tongue?

Postby BaronVonGott » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:11 pm

I recently learned how to change the materials on the characters and have been having fun editing the hair and clothes, but I ran into a snag. Where do the new teeth and tongue go? I put them in the game files like you do with the stock hair and clothing. Punkduck explained to me that I had the skin and downloaded clothing in the wrong area. I was supposed to put them in documents, not the game files. The skins work now, but I have less of them. Hulk skin and demon skin don't work. I'm having the same problem with teeth and tongue now. It doesn't show up at all if I put it in documents, and if I put it in the game files, it shows up but I can't save it. It resets to the default tongue and teeth. Am I supposed to put teeth hair and skin in documents AND the game files? What am I doing wrong?
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Re: Teeth and tongue?

Postby loki1950 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:26 pm

First off stop calling it the game files ;) they are data files for an application they all user created assets that are not downloaded as part of the original app go in the makehuman folder in Documents you might get try the Materials Editor plug in on the Utilities tab it needs to be activated on the Settings tab Plug ins sub tab. Use it to check and edit the mhmat files for the teeth and tongue files so the texture picture file are properly referenced which from your description is what the issue you are are having.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Return to General discussions about makehuman