Best way to automatically model 3D human

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Best way to automatically model 3D human

Postby Khrist Safalhai » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:22 pm

I want to automatically model 3D human from given anthropometric measurements (basic sizes, height, waist, chest diameter etc). Is there any way makehuman can let me do it automatically or a quick way to tweak MH to do this. I want it to be completely automated with zero user interaction as it is supposed to be the part of a overall module for virtual clothes try on.
Khrist Safalhai

Re: Best way to automatically model 3D human

Postby mflerackers » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Technically it could be added, but hasn't yet because it's not a top priority. The easiest way to do it would be to work in the fashion of a binary search. Applying morph targets and measuring, making modification to the factors and measuring, etc. Of course this is a simplistic description, as there are a lot of things to look out for like when to stop searching (as you might never reach the given target), running time and morphs influencing other morphs which might further mess up the search.
There isn't an quick and easy solution for this problem, otherwise we would have implemented it in the current version.
On another note, when using makehuman in other products keep in mind all the source is licensed under the GPL3, and the data is copyrighted as well.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Return to General discussions about makehuman