Uploading MH Characters To Mixamo?

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Uploading MH Characters To Mixamo?

Postby RobBaer » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:03 am

:-) Well if you are not being sarcastic, here is a pair of tutorials that might be helpful to you:

https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tu ... -cms-26489
RobBaer

Postby Tanny » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:55 am

If I haven't mentioned this already, I have exactly no interest in Blender at the current time. But I thank you for your good intentions.

And what I'm interested in personally is a small matter of no particular importance. I'm trying to also make a larger point as well, which members seem unable to grasp.

The vast majority of people who might be interested in having fun with digital characters are NEVER going to become Blender users, no matter how many times you guys insist that they should. Thus, to the degree that members chant Blender, Blender, Blender in every thread you are seriously limiting the potential for MakeHuman.

I agree that you sincerely feel that you are supporting MakeHuman, and your good intentions are indeed noted. But to the degree members focus on Blender you are actually undermining the potential for MakeHuman.

The logic here is VERY simple.

Blender is a 3D power user tool. Most people are not 3D power users, and don't want to be 3D power users.

If you want this forum to ever have more than 10 users, the solution is to develop MakeHuman based work flows that the average person can access relatively quickly.

The workflow I've suggested above was discovered and explored in just a day or two. I'm sure it can be improved upon if there is a will to do so. There are probably plenty of other fairly simple ways MakeHuman can be put to use. I already mentioned a great one the last time I was here.
Tanny

Postby brkurt » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Tanny wrote:If I haven't mentioned this already, I have exactly no interest in Blender at the current time. But I thank you for your good intentions.

And what I'm interested in personally is a small matter of no particular importance. I'm trying to also make a larger point as well, which members seem unable to grasp.

The vast majority of people who might be interested in having fun with digital characters are NEVER going to become Blender users, no matter how many times you guys insist that they should. Thus, to the degree that members chant Blender, Blender, Blender in every thread you are seriously limiting the potential for MakeHuman.

I agree that you sincerely feel that you are supporting MakeHuman, and your good intentions are indeed noted. But to the degree members focus on Blender you are actually undermining the potential for MakeHuman.

The logic here is VERY simple.

Blender is a 3D power user tool. Most people are not 3D power users, and don't want to be 3D power users.

If you want this forum to ever have more than 10 users, the solution is to develop MakeHuman based work flows that the average person can access relatively quickly.

The workflow I've suggested above was discovered and explored in just a day or two. I'm sure it can be improved upon if there is a will to do so. There are probably plenty of other fairly simple ways MakeHuman can be put to use. I already mentioned a great one the last time I was here.

Good point about Blender power uses (of which I am one). What needs to happen to Makehuman is a move away from 2000's-ish mouse-and-keyboard to touch screens and game controllers. What might surprise you is that was happening in Alpha 4! (Which of course, couldn't export a format yet). :geek:

So...in general...a ergonomic approach to character design, closer to fingerpainting than slideruler is what is need to increase Makehuman popularity. :)

I'm advocating that MH users focus on the newly improved Marvelous Designer / Z Brush combo (just happened!) if they are professional developers, and allow the MH coders to focus strictly on the human form. :geek:
brkurt

Postby Username401 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 pm

Is there a way to rig makehuman characters the same way mixamo does?

I'm currently using a program that makes use of mixamo rigs and it would help A TON if I could just rig up make human characters the same way mixamo does.

Thanks.
Username401

Postby Username401 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:05 pm

brkurt wrote:
Good point about Blender power uses (of which I am one). What needs to happen to Makehuman is a move away from 2000's-ish mouse-and-keyboard to touch screens and game controllers. What might surprise you is that was happening in Alpha 4! (Which of course, couldn't export a format yet). :geek:

So...in general...a ergonomic approach to character design, closer to fingerpainting than slideruler is what is need to increase Makehuman popularity. :)

I'm advocating that MH users focus on the newly improved Marvelous Designer / Z Brush combo (just happened!) if they are professional developers, and allow the MH coders to focus strictly on the human form. :geek:

No developers just want a fast and easy way to create characters for there games or movies. When you create a character in makehuman, and then you're forced to export this character into blender, and then finally into your game or render engine you're more than doubling the time it takes to create each character. If the extra step of importing a character into blender and then finally exporting it into your engine of choice adds only 25 minutes of time per character this quickly turns into hours, days, weeks of extra development time.

It's almost to the point where a developer could say "why bother using makehuman at all? I can just do ALL this in blender with plugins anyways."

Blender is a great tool, but when all you want to do is make a 3d model it's unnecessarily complex and time consuming.

At the end of the day it's not about dumbing things down. It's about saving time and ultimately money.
Username401

Postby spliffy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:26 am

very new to mh. ive been carried here for the same reason most newbie devs are facing. i need a character for mixamo. it works perfect with mh, except for the textures. thanks OP for this question. hope it gets answered
spliffy

Previous

Return to General discussions about makehuman