MakeWhatever.org

If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MakeWhatever.org

Postby jujube » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Idea: make a quadraped pose. Add the skeleton to the MakeTarget human (there's a way to do it, but I forget exactly how.) Pose the human/apply the quadraped pose, as a target. Apply target, and then the posed version will be the base. Do the animal targets next. Then in makehuman, when you apply the quadraped pose in the pose tab, the animal targets will look good then. Unless that's what you did already...

(I would do it myself, except for business/laziness, and waiting/hoping for the release of the dog head...)

(The animal heads are still super cool, by the way.)

Oh, also, two important things to remember:
1) The "not saving" thing is probably because you have spaces in the file name/path. It needs to be dashes or underscores.
2) When making body targets, if you want clothes to fit the body, you have to use the "with helpers" mesh, and edit the clothes too. Otherwise the clothes won't follow the body. (maybe not so much an issue for animals, though...)

edit: Lindsay already addressed problem#1, oops
jujube

Postby jujube » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:06 pm

I decided to make a quadruped pose...
I put the bvh in a zip file.
Attachments
quadruped.PNG
a normal human tries to quadruped
quadrupedd.PNG
quadruped pose + short legs + long arms
quadruped.zip
(5.13 KiB) Downloaded 631 times
jujube

---

Postby DredNicolson » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:24 am

A couple important physiological differences to consider when modeling/rigging quadrepedal creatures:

The thigh and knee regions of the back legs are elevated. For dog and cat bodies, they're almost parallel to the torso. This gives them the illusion of having "backwards knees" when what is really being seen isn't the knee, but the heel of the back "foot".

Many quadrepedal skeletons do not have collarbones. The front legs are effectively free-floating. The front legs also support most of the bodyweight.

Ungulates like horses and cattle recline front first.
DredNicolson

Postby titleknown » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:41 am

jujube wrote:I decided to make a quadruped pose...

oh, nice! Looks like a more "regular human being" pose than my "humanoid grotesquely distorted to inhuman shape" kind!

Tho, I do have the three more notable ones uploaded, the Dog, the Bird and the Quadruped, so check 'em out!

I've got a backlog of quite a few, so there's more on the way...
titleknown

Postby jujube » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:52 am

titleknown wrote:
jujube wrote:I decided to make a quadruped pose...

oh, nice! Looks like a more "regular human being" pose than my "humanoid grotesquely distorted to inhuman shape" kind!

Tho, I do have the three more notable ones uploaded, the Dog, the Bird and the Quadruped, so check 'em out!

I've got a backlog of quite a few, so there's more on the way...

Yes, excellent, thank you for posting these!!

I forgot to upload my pose to the user assets, so I went and did that just now.

As soon as you posted your heads, I knew what I had to do. I had to make them furry.
Attachments
creatures.PNG
fuzzy.PNG
curly.PNG
bonus
jujube

Postby jujube » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:56 am

One more bonus pic I forgot from the last post: quadruped pose X quadruped target.
Attachments
quadruped_squared.PNG
jujube

Postby brkurt » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Well, since everyone needs a dinosaur, here is a rig for therapods, I like to call MakeRaptor. :D

http://www.geekopolis.ca/blender/makeRaptor1_276b.blend
brkurt

Postby titleknown » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:17 am

Well, I posted more of my horrifying inhuman targets, specifically digitigrade legs, catgirl ears, a Monster Factory reference (I'm shocked those aren't more common), a Frankenstein head, a Zombie body, a Junji-Ito-inspired abomination, a Xenomorph body and the thing from the end of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

Hope y'all dig it, and hope y'all can find things to do with 'em!
titleknown

Postby jujube » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:05 pm

You have a patreon? :shock:

(I love these)

edit:
I looked up what monster factory is and it turns out that:
1) There's a whole video series of people doing bad things to video game character editors :twisted:
2) Those people are Justin and Griffin McElroy!
jujube

Postby titleknown » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 am

I most certainly do have a [url-https://www.patreon.com/titleknown]Patreon[/url], though it's more focused on my Open Source Characters-related work (OSCs are a thing I deeply wish got more love, but I digress).

In fact, I have a preview up for a few of my Targets for dollar-and-up backers! Though, I will also show you this attempt at recreating the Goombas from the Super Mario Bros movie:

And this other one that came from my observation that when I added all of my thiccness mods on, it looked like a walker-mecha. So I made a Mecha target specifically based on that:
titleknown

PreviousNext

Return to General discussions about makehuman