Clothing Distortion with sliders

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Clothing Distortion with sliders

Postby Toonkrite » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:45 pm

Can someone tell me why this is happening first image is well i dont think it is supposed to be that second is the image with the hat being fine which is what i actually wanted but with the oval slider. The head sliders massivly distort the hat which i do not want to happen i want a simple hat with oval face what is going on and please explain in simple terms, yes i have looked at the faqs and well not updated doesnt help but i believe it is less of a priority then coding and second the forums just seem to be everyone explainging it but forgetting the fact not everybody understands code, so when someone explains it other people have the problem try the solution and it still not working if answers are to be given then please use steps and pictures if possible and possible pin the best threads with updated faqs to the first page of the newbies section there are several different ways to get humans with helpers so questions being asked may apply to makehuman community plugin and not to mfpb and makeclothes2 which i am using :?
Attachments
error.png
correct.png
Toonkrite

Re: Clothing Distortion with sliders

Postby punkduck » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:16 pm

Hi

It is unfortunately not easy, here is the docu I wrote:

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:ClothesV2

if that is tl;dr then you should check this (document in same chapter):

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:MakeClothes_Vertex-Groups

and look at the crown .. then you see we all have the same problem.

Technically it is like that: each vertex of your assets looks for 3 vertices nearby, It uses those of nearest distance and of course in the group you want to use.

A hat like this will partly find the ears (I guess) and then will distort, because you modelled it in Blender on a standard mesh and now use a different character

So a group without the ears might already help.
When you always use the same 3 vertices the hat will change linear to the character, it might be round or oval, might change height but will not be distorted.

Pure math, like in real life, okay my hat does not deform with my ears ;)

If you want to read code to understand this :mrgreen: the mathematical concept are so-called barycentric coordinates. Here you have the three vertices at the outside and the S inside is your vertex on the clothes.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/Baryzentr-ko-def-2d.svg/420px-Baryzentr-ko-def-2d.svg.png

Okay just bragging, :ugeek: but in a way the image represents what happens inside in MakeHuman. MPFB works the same unless Joel invented a different algorithm. :lol:

Greetings
Punkduckj
punkduck

Postby tomcat » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:13 pm

Toonkrite wrote:The head sliders massivly distort the hat

I'll try to answer that in simple terms. Clothing is attached to the body and deforms with it. These distortions are errors in creation.
punkduck wrote:MPFB works the same unless Joel invented a different algorithm.

It is not difficult to come up with another algorithm. It is difficult to implement it.
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby Toonkrite » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:25 pm

i see now thanks everyone its just that i am not the most technical person, i am not gifted in anyway special that could transform Earth into a utopia unless making sandwiches or baking cupcakes count :D, so i appreciate the time you have taken to help me its just that i love the program but it does need some tlc and maaybe a bit like importing hats and objects and scaling them and moving them seperatley from the main body without distortion but i am not a technical person, if you are still here will there be another update to the default body because i think it also needs tlc, the default pose should be t or a-pose but is that just me? i never understood the default pose of cowboy well thanks again
Toonkrite

Return to Newbies