Is the makehuman middleware app safe?

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Is the makehuman middleware app safe?

Postby jesma » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:34 am

Is the makehuman app safe?

I want to install it to make a basemesh for an armor build, but I can't find anything relating to the app itself on makehumancommunity.org, and it has no certificate on the .exe.
jesma

Re: Is the makehuman middleware app safe?

Postby RobBaer » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:17 pm

jesma wrote:Is the makehuman app safe?

I want to install it to make a basemesh for an armor build, but I can't find anything relating to the app itself on makehumancommunity.org, and it has no certificate on the .exe.

The app is open source so you can examine the code for malware yourself if you wish. However, there are no certificates or guarantees that come with MakeHuman. Of course my take is that MH is very safe, but why would you believe me? :D :D Sort of catch-22.
RobBaer

Re: Is the makehuman middleware app safe?

Postby nomorecookies » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:13 pm

Yes, it is safe. You can use any one of Many online virus scanners, and behavior analysis checkers to verify it. or, you can look at the source code yourself. Best to look up and understand exactly what the lack of a certificate means. It basically means, a free software maker did not want to pay thousands of dollars to get a certificate. they are Not needed. they mean very little other than someone gave someone money. these things are 100% not needed on open source software.
nomorecookies

Return to Newbies