Using Mixamo+MakeHuman

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Using Mixamo+MakeHuman

Postby yuktaondi » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:42 am

I made a little test with Mixamo yesterday and found some issues I would like to solve. First, the walking animation moves the character and I prefer to move the character myself. Is there some way to tell Mixamo not to displace the model during animation?

Second, is there some way to reuse the animations created by Mixamo for a model on a different model with same skeleton? I generated two characters in MakeHuman, one male and other female, with same skeleton (Game Engine), uploaded male and applied some animations, but I cant use those animations in the female character. Obviously I would prefer to share the same animations on all the characters.
yuktaondi

Re: Using Mixamo+MakeHuman

Postby moodinject » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:33 am

If you've already downloaded an animation that moves the character and you want to adjust it, you can use a 3D modeling and animation software like Blender or Autodesk Maya. Import the animation, and in the software, look for an option related to "Root Motion" or "Bake Animation." Adjusting or disabling root motion can help keep your character in place retro bowl
moodinject

Re: Using Mixamo+MakeHuman

Postby oilumiun12 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:29 am

Autodesk Maya is always a top priority in my choice. It helps me a lot because of its convenience
Fnaf
oilumiun12

Return to Newbies