Help using Make Walk on Blender

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Help using Make Walk on Blender

Postby AyaTendou » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Hello everyone!

I am using a lot Makehuman to create my characters. I use mostly Terragen to create my environments and I place my charcacters. However, the poses library on Makehuman is very limited. I would like to create poses, but I am not good at making them manually on Blender, moving the bones one by one...
I found a way to animate my character using a BVH animation found on Mixamo.
Unfortunatly, I cannot export the poses from Mixamo to use in Terragen as a .obj file (No textures this way)
So I tried to export a BVH file from the animation, through Blender, but it doesn't work on Makehuman.
My only way left is the add on make walk that I installed successfully on Blender, but I have no idea how to use it and I cannot find any tutorial.
I can import my character from Make human. I can import my BVH file, but it shows up by a different skeleton and I cannot find any way to rig it to my character so my character takes the pose...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot...
AyaTendou

Re: Help using Make Walk on Blender

Postby jwc » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:18 am

If you are using MakeHuman 1.2, the updated version of MakeWalk is "BVH Retargeter"
It can be found at https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/bv ... geter.html

It doesn't have much documentation, but as the basics, load a human and then 'apply' the bvh to the human.
This should solve the first half of your problem, applying a BVH file to your character.

If you want to export a pose from Blender into MakeHuman, you need get the human in the desired pose (see above) and then export a single frame as a bvh file
Put this BVH file in the data/poses folder
This allows you to use the MakeHuman tools by selecting this pose.
jwc

Re: Help using Make Walk on Blender

Postby HunanbeanCollective » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:54 pm

This post may be of interest to you as well. I bypass makewalk and the updated version, in favor of the retargeting ability of the rokoko blender plugin
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18751

Becuase this is the second time i am mentioning rokoko, i would like to clarify, i have no affiliation with them. i just use their retargeter
HunanbeanCollective

Return to Newbies