Blender 2.8 and Make Human Path Problem

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Re: Blender 2.8 and Make Human Path Problem

Postby loki1950 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:44 pm

All of the configuration data and that includes add-ons can be found in blender's appdata folder now M$ in it's infinite wisdom made all these folders hidden so if you do not know they exist you can not find them because they are just not shown in explorer windows till you toggle show hidden files/folders lots of issues on Widows are caused by M$ policy.BTW you can find all this as part of the blender documentation web site.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby smutnut » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:06 pm

Aranuvir wrote:Your error message makes me wonder if you're using the latest version of mhx2. It is not any kind of path problem.

Do you happen to have an exact link for the latest version? I am pretty sure that is the one I am using but just to double check.

Also why does it say upgrade to 2.8x required from within Blender 2.8 with that error logo? I am going to try to attach and post a screen shot of this. It does it for all the plug ins but I only have one working now as i was trying to fix these plug ins so I could just connect with that Blender direct connect.

after a google, I was also reading how Blender add ons are place in Blender and also in a user apps folder for windows, but not sure that problem applies to this since I don't have multiples of these add ons in my preferences

Thanks again
Attachments
BlenderAddOnMHX2error.jpg
smutnut

Postby smutnut » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Got it to work. Not sure what this means but I first made it work in Blender 2.79 by installing all those plug ins and then went back and reinstalled the same ones on 2.8 and now it works with that direct connection. Before the Community Tab wasn't even available. Now it is.

Not sure if there are any other issues yet but this was my biggest hair pulling dilemma so at least I can mess around with it some.

Thanks again
smutnut

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Also why does it say upgrade to 2.8x required from within Blender 2.8 with that error logo?

Because you're obviously not using the latest version of mhx2? Add-ons have to be ported to be usable in B2.80. Perhaps you wanna read the release notes: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Reference ... Notes/2.80?
Do you happen to have an exact link for the latest version?

Here is the latest official one: https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/mhx ... downloads/ (please make sure that file name == latest commit hash: 669c051)
and here is a slightly advanced version: https://bitbucket.org/Aranuvir/mhx2-mak ... downloads/

Moving this discussion to the kiddies section, sorry...
Aranuvir

Previous

Return to Newbies