Community Assets in new folders??

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Community Assets in new folders??

Postby schleprock » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:00 am

I watched a video that explained I downloaded community assets into data directory of MH. So if I want to download some clothes they would go into the Program*/data/clothes directory.

Can I make a new directory to add some female clothing to. So that I don't add a bunch of clutter to the Pre-defined directories. Right now it is pretty well organized. If I start adding a bunch of stuff to the options that could result in a lot of scrolling.

Can i add a folder called user or somthing like that? Would MH find it and display it like it does all the pre-defined stuff.

I am trying to create an old woman. A forum member, MargaretToigo, has created a few outfits for the woman to wear that might look good on her.

If I import/copy it all into clothes I will have a giant list that might be hard to manage. Can I make a directory called MargaretToigo that I will be able to find in the MH interface?

THank you for considering this question

(I am a Windows 10 user, so the beginning part of my directory structures look odd because I don't know how to refer to them. For instance, there is no Program* directory but the data and clothes really do exist I hope you understand what I did)

As an example for accessories, this is a great necklace for my lady:
http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... shion.html
Which folder would that go in?
schleprock

Re: Community Assets in new folders??

Postby loki1950 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:24 am

It really will depend on which version you are using but Program has never been recommended they should go into the makehuman folder that is created in My Documents so the full path would be My Documents\makehuman\v1\data\clothes or My Documents\makehuman\py3\data\clothes you can cut down on the scrolling by using tags each clothing item has it's own folder watch the actual folder names.That necklace is considered just an other piece of clothing.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby schleprock » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:45 am

OK, so I have another question.
Oh, BTW, that tagging is a great suggestion. It will be a big help.

Anyway, back to my next question.

I added a Pink Dress or maybe it was a puffy dress to my clothes directory. It showed up in the MH interface as pink, but when it was on the character is was a sort of yellow blackish striped kind of thing. I assume this is because it had textures and I don't know how to handle them.

So I opened a data folder that came with MH. It's pic is below. Then I opened the folder of the user generated content, the pink/puffy dress. It's pic is also below. The files don't match. Which files do i need to make the textures work. I just want the dress to be pink.

Also you can look at my directory structure. I just exploded it on my D: drive and called it good. That is what I meant by Program*. I did not explain it well, sorry.

AND
Thank you for responding
Attachments
came with program.JPG
community asset.JPG
schleprock

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:06 am

It's always helpful to post a link to the asset that is not working, I might be incomplete. The textures start right after the thumb file. Perhaps the naming for the textures is not so well chosen. They're optional for the user who uploads clothes, i.e. it is possible to create assets without textures, but having only a simple diffuse color. For the user who downloads assets in contrast those textures are not optional, if they exist, or the user has to fix the materials manually. BTW, when you rename files, you might have to fix mhclo and mhmat files, too...

BTW, this thread fits better in the newbies section...
Aranuvir

Return to Newbies