Custom Clothing not Appearing On Model

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

Custom Clothing not Appearing On Model

Postby Shelbzter » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi All,

I have been having some trouble viewing some clothing made in Blender with the Make Clothes plug in. Everything goes smoothly until I try to view the item in Make Human. The Icon appear in the clothing option, but when I click on it I get this error "Exception during event on FileSelected Traceback (most recent call last): File:"./core/events3d.py", line 211, in callEvent File"./apps/gui/proxychooser.py", line 163, in onFileSelected File"./appsgui/proxychooser.py", line 240, in proxyFileSelected File "./core/mhmain.py, line 858, in do File"./apps/gui/proxychooser.py, line 77, etc..."

Please see the attached image for the full breakdown.

I'm on a Mac running macOS Mojave version 10.14 .

Many Thanks! :D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-12-01 at 6.09.53 PM.png
Make Human Error Screen
Shelbzter

Re: Custom Clothing not Appearing On Model

Postby MargaretToigo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:26 am

Most of the time, when something goes through MakeClothes and it makes the .mhclo and .obj files, but won't compile in MakeHuman, the very first thing I try is increasing max_pole, which resolves the issue most of the time.

Open the .mhclo file in a text editor, find the line that reads "max_pole 6," change the "6" to "8," and save the file. Then try putting the clothing onto a human in MakeHuman.
MargaretToigo

Re: Custom Clothing not Appearing On Model

Postby Shelbzter » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:11 am

It worked! Thank you so much MargaretToigo! I had to bump it all the way up to 50 for some reason, but it did the trick!
Shelbzter

Return to Newbies