No textures after downloading clothes from community

If you have problems understanding something or getting started, ask here

Moderator: joepal

No textures after downloading clothes from community

Postby HarshN » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:27 pm

Hey there, I am completely new to "MakeHuman" and it's community, and am still learning how to do stuff. I have tried to download some new clothes for my project on makehuman, by following this tutorial - "http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/FAQ:I_downloaded_third_party_clothes._How_do_I_install_them%3F". I have followed the tutorial without skipping any part of it, yet I end up importing the clothes without textures. For example, the shirt that I downloaded is white, but the textures do not seem to appear, and it gives a orange/black texture with some text on it. Please Help!!
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-23 112016.png
screengrab of the textures
Screenshot 2024-03-23 111939.png
original image of the file
Screenshot 2024-03-23 111939.png (6.04 KiB) Viewed 6566 times
Screenshot 2024-03-23 111922.png
list of files
HarshN

Re: No textures after downloading clothes from community

Postby RobBaer » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:53 pm

What you are seeing is what you see when the material for the clothing you are using is not available in the proper place. It's the "texture not found" look. :o

I'm not sure what version of MH you are using, but I can confirm that this is the result with version 1.3.0 on Windows. Apparently, this version does not download the built in assets and has only 2 assets under clothes in the community tab (, one of which is the t-shirt. )

It may be that if you find and download MH version 1.2 which is the "release version" that you will have better luck. Assuming you are on windows the link would be here: http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman ... indows.zip

Okay, I see multiple choices for clothes in the community tab when using the release 1.2.0 version. I still see what you see with node id 3508 WojackOWL CC-BY T Shirt A Basic Plane T-Shirt. So, it is a problem with that asset itself. But with this version you can see all the community assets. Try looking for Joel Palmius CC0 Crude Female T-Shirt which looks similar if not identical and has a material that seems to work fine.
RobBaer

Return to Newbies