computer reboot

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

computer reboot

Postby mrodia » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:58 pm

After I start makehuman and I click on a utility or render button, the computer reboots.
Any idea what is wrong?
I am using Fedora 39 and Blender 4.0

Thank you for your help.

mark rodia
mrodia

Re: computer reboot

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:45 pm

This sounds like a driver issue.

Since you cannot get to the log file within MakeHuman under these circumstances, you will need to hunt it down and open it up in a text editor.

Also, you can post this log file here so that the devs can help you sort it out. They are going to want to know what video card and CPU you have. Also, how much RAM is there? This is important because all machines are different and it is almost impossible to document all of them and their associated quirks.

A machine running Linux will only reboot unexpectedly when a hardware fault would cause damage. Something is drawing a lot of power and/or doing illegal arguments at the software side. I am assuming that Fedora handles things in a way similar to Mint, but the hardware abstraction layers of the two operating systems are a little bit different, mostly on the permissions level.

Check the property sheets for your drivers and files related to Blender. Turn down some settings and try again. Also, check to see if your video card is accelerating properly at the hardware level. Also, make sure there are no thermal issues. Make sure all your drivers are up to date and properly configured.
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests