MPFB2 Apply Skins Error

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

MPFB2 Apply Skins Error

Postby BigDC » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:14 pm

Info about Me....
Windows 10
Blender 4.0
MPFB 2.0.4

Hello,.I am really new to MPFB, any time I try to apply a skin I get this error..... Image
Please help me, please. Thanks!
BigDC

Re: MPFB2 Apply Skins Error

Postby Photoart » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:58 am

I´m in the same boat, same error here. The strange thing is, the skin texture is placed correctly but shows up completely black on the mesh. If I delete the layer and add it again, it works most times, but sometimes the face is black.
Photoart

Re: MPFB2 Apply Skins Error

Postby Ricardo2020 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:30 pm

I had a span of time where MakeHuman would show a black figure if I enabled subdivisions or hiding clothes under faces.

This resolved itself after NVidia posted new drivers for my Linux workstation. The problem driver was 5.25 going forward to 5.35, which solved the issue. Looking at the way the driver worked in OpenGL, there was some snags in the earlier versions which got fixed in the later ones. I was never able to nail down the exact cause or how it resolved.

In short, what you have there is a classic nasty wet and slimy spitball thrown by a faulty driver or crazy settings within its property sheet which need to be looked at and possibly retweeked.

Python can be goofy like that...
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests