[Request] Unreal Engine Rest pose

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

[Request] Unreal Engine Rest pose

Postby Are » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:16 pm

hey, first of all I love makehuman as I am no good in making human models.
But I do have one request for one of you experts here.
Would it be possible for one of you to make me a pose wich fit the pose of the mannequin's pose in unreal 4? this would do things much easier when I or others wants to bind the mesh directly on the mannequins skeleton..
Would one of you care todo so, I would be very greatful

thx, Are
Are

Re: [Request] Unreal Engine Rest pose

Postby AssetDK » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:47 am

Are wrote:... I would be very greatful

thx, Are

In general you should save your MH in T-Pose, and use that pose for your UE4 skeletons also. Also use the GAME skeleton in MakeHuman.

This is rather easy to do for you! This is how:

* Go to the UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton and go to the skeleton manager!
* Get the upperarm_l and rotate 40 dgr. the same for upperarm_r
* Adjust the view to top-view
* Adjust the lowerarm_* for about 15-20 dgr.
* Possibly also adjust both hands

When you think it is fine, you use 'Modify pose' on the *retarget manager'.
When you have this correct as you have it for the imported MH skeleton you can retarget animations etc.

I made a tutorial for this http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:Saving_models_for_Unreal_Engine_and_how_to_import_them_there#FBX_export_settings please comment and request... I will update the Wiki page to show you the above, step by step.
Regards
AssetDK

Postby Are » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:33 pm

hey, sorry for late reply.. My pc died
And it took some time to get a new one.
thing is that I figured you dont need to retarget if a mesh is standing like unreal mannequin and the skeleton is not moved when binded..
Now I dont have the knowledge to get the skeleton I use into makehuman, and everytime I try to move on the mesh.. well never turns out good.
this is why I asked.
The rest pose you have originally isnt too far away really, just that mannequin has some stranger fingers and a little other way of standing
this is why I asked.
But if that is a big problem I will just do it other ways. np and thx for answear.
just trying to promote this software around and it would be easier if I could present almost plug and play with ue4
I do think if developers here wants to they can do this..
well, anyhow great stuff and keep up the good work all you who makes clothes to us wich arent able I cant say how much I appreciate it.
Are

Postby AssetDK » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:53 am

Are wrote:hey, sorry for late reply.. My pc died...

Fine, I am now trying to move even more from MH to UE4, you can check out the MakeShapes addon. And I am not toatly sure that I am correct that the T-Pose is the best to use, anyway let me know if you find any things that you would like to change, or do in some other ways - the entire thing is trial and error, ;)
AssetDK

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests