Mass Produce Plugin first impressions [NSFW]

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Mass Produce Plugin first impressions [NSFW]

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:04 pm

Been playing with the mass produce plugin for MH and have made note of a few things.

User Interface

[*] Min/Max sliders don't give you any notion of what the mins and maxes (are those words?) are when you set them. For instance I'd love to be able to set a range of ages say 18-22 if I were randomly generating characters that are boot camp recruits.
[*] Randomize gender is OK. If you disable that, however, you might want a way to set the gender to one gender or the other.
[*] Same goes with ethnicity.

Resultant humans

[*] Got a male character with boobs. In my honest opinion there needs to be a sanity check for that. (no idea how to do that)

Screenshot at 2019-11-18 16-11-58.png

[*] This is no doubt in my mind (I'm willing to be wrong here) and I know I can "disallow" this from the plugin options but got a male character with decidedly female hair. Of course somewhere that might be fashionable.

girly-man.png

[*] Broken sliders (sorta). In at least one case the visual proprtions in a character made no sense whatsoever. Case illustrated here is a female character with HUGE breasts and a slim waist and hips. In my observation of people that just doesn't go together and so I tried to tweak things to no avail. The "gender" based sliders for female breasts had very little effect on doing a breast reduction procedure. Not sure if that isn't by design.

oh-my-what-big-breasts-you-have.png

Parting Thoughts

In spite of my seeming to be negative here (wasn't really trying to be) I like this plugin a lot. My intended use for Makehuman and the reason I got started with Blender was a way of creating illustrations for my writing project. Being able to generate a crowd of people is a heck of a lot easier with a randomizer given my imagination has its limits and I fall into the trap of making everybody alike. Having a randomizer is more like real life anyway. Not all women are five foot one, blonde hair and built like a sh** brickhouse.
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests