The Asset downloader plugin doesn't work

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

The Asset downloader plugin doesn't work

Postby -_- » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:14 am

Hello !

I just tried to install and use the asset downloader plugin but I can't make it work so I hope you can help me. I use a fresh 1.1.1 MakeHuman install on Windows 10, and downloaded the mhapi-master and assetdownload-master from GitHub just an hour ago.

It's my first time installing plugins for MakeHuman, so maybe I misunderstood something and did somethong wrong, but it seemed pretty clear to me, so I copied the "1_MHAPI" and "8_assetdownloader" directories into the "plugins" directory.

"1-mhapi" and "8-asset-downloader" are both activated in "settings/plugin" and a "Community" tab has been created, but when I select it there is no subtab and nothing happens (I still see the content of the last selected tab)

Under the "Utilities" tab, ("log" subtab) I get these warnings :

C:\MAKEHU~1.1-W\OpenGL\GL\VERSION\GL_2_0.py:374: FutureWarning: comparison to `None` will result in an elementwise object comparison in the future.

Could not load 8_asset_downloader
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "core\mhmain.py", line 541, in loadPlugin
File "plugins/8_asset_downloader\__init__.py", line 38, in load
downloadView = category.addTask(AssetDownloadTaskView(category))
File "plugins/8_asset_downloader\assetdownload.py", line 76, in __init__
self._setupTable()
File "plugins/8_asset_downloader\assetdownload.py", line 404, in _setupTable
self.tableView.setSelectionMode(QtWidgets.QAbstractItemView.SingleSelection)
NameError: global name 'QtWidgets' is not defined

That's it, I think I shared everything I know about the issue, as clearly as I could :-)

Thank you for your time
-_-

Re: The Asset downloader plugin doesn't work

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:40 am

The problem is that the link in the download section points to the head of master on github, which wont work with MakeHuman 1.1.X anymore ...
Aranuvir

Postby -_- » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 am

Aranuvir wrote:The problem is that the link in the download section points to the head of master on github, which wont work with MakeHuman 1.1.X anymore ...

Hi, thanks for the quick reply !

I prefer to work with stable releases, is there a way to get a former version of the plugin that works with 1.1.1 or do I absolutely have to download the 1.2.0 alpha release if I want to use this plugin ?
-_-

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:58 am

Try to download a zip from here: https://github.com/makehumancommunity/c ... for_mh_11x.

BTW, as long as you do not suffer OpenGL-issues, there is no reason to avoid the latest builds of MakeHuman, though I'd recommend to backup your home folder, in case you want to switch back to older versions...
Aranuvir

Postby -_- » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:53 pm

Aranuvir wrote:Try to download a zip from here: https://github.com/makehumancommunity/c ... for_mh_11x.

BTW, as long as you do not suffer OpenGL-issues, there is no reason to avoid the latest builds of MakeHuman, though I'd recommend to backup your home folder, in case you want to switch back to older versions...

Thanks a lot ! I think I will try the latest build then, and if there are issue with OpenGL then I will download the former zip ! :-)

I'm always careful with non-stable releases (for any software) because when there is an issue you can waste a lot of time wondering if it came from the computer (outdated drivers, etc...) or the software version :-p
-_-

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests