Rig issues with Make Human 1.1.1

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Rig issues with Make Human 1.1.1

Postby ROCKINFOXY2365 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 am

i used the download feature made for make human in the community tab after re-installing it.The rigs for Cmu mb, default, default no toes, and game engine show up. But not the rest of the rigs available for download from this site. The files show up in the docs folder, but not in the Make Human program. I tried placeing them in the install folder as well, but that did nothing. How do I fix this? I am using the 1.1.1 release, please help.
ROCKINFOXY2365

Re: Rig issues with Make Human 1.1.1

Postby RobBaer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:47 am

For MH 1.1.1 on Windows, the downloaded rig files would be in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1\data\rigs folder.

Are they there or somewhere else?
RobBaer

Postby ROCKINFOXY2365 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Yes , The files did not show up in the make human menu. So I copied and pasted the same files from the data folder that was in the documents folder to the data folder where make human was installed. I figured maybe if both files had the same information, then the application would work. Apparently, make human is installed in one folder but also shows up in the documents folder for some reason.

Do you know of a method that shows all the rigs for the models and are able to be selected in the make human program? It would be very helpful to be receive a response of such. Please tell me.

Thank you for responding.
ROCKINFOXY2365

Postby RobBaer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:17 pm

OK. I think you can get your downloads to show up if you pull each of the 3 files for a skeleton out of its folder and into the parent 'rigs' folder.

There seems to be a problem with recursive path resolution for rigs that even remains in MH 1.2.0a2. I believe this is a bug.

Explanation of 2 folders: "MakeHuman the program" is installed in a folder that can not be written to by all users (depending on OS and user permission). OSes do this in an attempt to contain viruses. Therefore "MakeHuman data" downloaded or created by the user (e.g., your rigs) needs to be saved to a location (documents on windows) that is known to be user-writable by a given user on that OS.
RobBaer

Postby ROCKINFOXY2365 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:08 am

Some of the rigs .mhskel files needed to be renamed so they do not overwrite each other.

Thank you very much for your response. That solved everything. It all seems to be working fine now. :D
ROCKINFOXY2365

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:07 pm

Don't see why the skeleton chooser should not recurse on folders, in fact it is counterproductive in terms of keeping data structured. Will be fixed in A3...
Aranuvir

Postby ROCKINFOXY2365 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:43 pm

Thank you! :D
ROCKINFOXY2365

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests