Reloads wrong textures... (py3)

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Reloads wrong textures... (py3)

Postby blindsaypatten » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:38 am

Edit: I just tried loading the same file with the same version of MakeHuman directly after startup and didn't get this issue, so unless you can get something from the attached log, this might not be reproducible.

I've got a modified version of the the high_poly eyes named high_poly4. When I load .mhm file with a toon that uses these eyes the eye material gets loaded twice, the first time with the right material, and the second time with an incorrect material. If I then select the same eyes in the eye chooser the correct material is loaded.
Selecting proxy file "C:/Users/Lindsay/Documents/makehuman/v1py3/data/eyes/high_poly4/high_poly4.mhclo" from eyes library.
Loading binary proxy C:/Users/Lindsay/Documents/makehuman/v1py3/data/eyes/high_poly4/high_poly4.mhpxy.
Loading proxy file: C:/Users/Lindsay/Documents/makehuman/v1py3/data/eyes/high_poly4/high_poly4.mhpxy.
Loading material from file C:/Users/Lindsay/Documents/makehuman/v1py3/data/eyes/high_poly4/high_poly4.mhmat
material fromFile final specularMapTexture C:/Users/Lindsay/Documents/makehuman/v1py3/data/eyes/high_poly4/EyeballSpecular.png
Compiling vertex bone weights for jammers3.obj
Loading material from file C:/Users/Lindsay/Documents/makehuman/v1py3/data/skins/wolgade-4k/wolgade-4k.mhmat
material fromFile final specularMapTexture None
Loading material from file E:/makehuman-builds/makehuman-20180305/makehuman/data/hair/short02/short02.mhmat
Loading material from file E:/makehuman-builds/makehuman-20180305/makehuman/data/eyes/materials/brownlight.mhmat
Finalizing MHM loading.

I haven't tested with the py2 MakeHuman because I only got the above output due to extra debugging output I added to the py3 version. I found this when trying to figure out why my specularMapTexture wasn't included in my exports.

I thought that it might have a duplicate uuid, but when I changed that I got a red error line in the logs about uuid not found in library. I removed the .mhpxy and .npz files but still got the same thing. So I changed the uuid back.

Reselecting the eyes in the eye chooser fixes the issue so I can continue to work.
Attachments
LogForTextureIssue.txt
(40.35 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
blindsaypatten

Re: Reloads wrong textures... (py3)

Postby joepal » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Maybe the UUIDs are the same for the assets? The hashes don't need to be actual real UUIDs, but they should be unique.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests