icon bouncing

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

icon bouncing

Postby yiannis » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 pm

I have Mojave 10.14.Icon of makehuman bouncing for a second and then closes and I can't use the application
yiannis

Re: icon bouncing

Postby loki1950 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:48 pm

I assume that Mojave is a Linux flavour if so try running MH from a terminal you should also have posted the log file that MH generates each time you try to run it you can find that log @ home/username/makehuman/v1 that's also where you will find all the settings files.You just did not give enough info for me to figure out what is wrong.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby yiannis » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:23 am

loki1950 wrote:I assume that Mojave is a Linux flavour if so try running MH from a terminal you should also have posted the log file that MH generates each time you try to run it you can find that log @ home/username/makehuman/v1 that's also where you will find all the settings files.You just did not give enough info for me to figure out what is wrong.

I move v1 to the trash and re-installed make human.The icon bounce once and closes
yiannis

Postby yiannis » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:24 am

yiannis wrote:
loki1950 wrote:I assume that Mojave is a Linux flavour if so try running MH from a terminal you should also have posted the log file that MH generates each time you try to run it you can find that log @ home/username/makehuman/v1 that's also where you will find all the settings files.You just did not give enough info for me to figure out what is wrong.

I move v1 to the trash and re-installed make human.The icon bounce once and closes

From terminal it does not open at all
yiannis

Postby loki1950 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:31 am

I would still like to see the log file like I said you give me NO INFO on what is happening just that it's not starting there are literally a hundred things that could go wrong and that log file will tell me exactly where in the initialisation routine of Makehuman it does go wrong and hopefully a solution.

my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:56 am

Lokis questions where breezily ignored! As it turns out, Mojave seems to be some sort of beta OS from Apple. There are several reasons why MH will not work on Apple's stuff, starting from the drop of OpenGL support to some unhappy version restrictions in the macOs package (if I got this problem correctly). I fear there won't be much we can do for you.... If you depend on MakeHuman, you can try to run from a virtual machine.

Operating system survey
Aranuvir

Postby yiannis » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:00 pm

loki1950 wrote:I would still like to see the log file like I said you give me NO INFO on what is happening just that it's not starting there are literally a hundred things that could go wrong and that log file will tell me exactly where in the initialisation routine of Makehuman it does go wrong and hopefully a solution.

how can I obtain the log file to post it to you?
yiannis

Postby yiannis » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Aranuvir wrote:Lokis questions where breezily ignored! As it turns out, Mojave seems to be some sort of beta OS from Apple. There are several reasons why MH will not work on Apple's stuff, starting from the drop of OpenGL support to some unhappy version restrictions in the macOs package (if I got this problem correctly). I fear there won't be much we can do for you.... If you depend on MakeHuman, you can try to run from a virtual machine.

Operating system survey
how can I do that?
yiannis

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:56 pm

yiannis wrote:
Aranuvir wrote:Lokis questions where breezily ignored! As it turns out, Mojave seems to be some sort of beta OS from Apple. There are several reasons why MH will not work on Apple's stuff, starting from the drop of OpenGL support to some unhappy version restrictions in the macOs package (if I got this problem correctly). I fear there won't be much we can do for you.... If you depend on MakeHuman, you can try to run from a virtual machine.

Operating system survey
how can I do that?

What do you want to do?
Aranuvir

Postby yiannis » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Aranuvir wrote:can
Aranuvir wrote:
yiannis wrote:

Operating system survey
how can I do that?

What do you want to do?
Aranuvir wrote:
yiannis wrote:
Aranuvir wrote:Lokis questions where breezily ignored! As it turns out, Mojave seems to be some sort of beta OS from Apple. There are several reasons why MH will not work on Apple's stuff, starting from the drop of OpenGL support to some unhappy version restrictions in the macOs package (if I got this problem correctly). I fear there won't be much we can do for you.... If you depend on MakeHuman, you can try to run from a virtual machine.run make human from virtual machine

Operating system survey
how can I do that?

What do you want to do?
yiannis wrote:
loki1950 wrote:I would still like to see the log file like I said you give me NO INFO on what is happening just that it's not starting there are literally a hundred things that could go wrong and that log file will tell me exactly where in the initialisation routine of Makehuman it does go wrong and hopefully a solution.

how can I obtain the log file to post it to you?
yiannis

Next

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests