Rigid group and Custom target

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Rigid group and Custom target

Postby Marco_105 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Hello,
Could improve the 'Rigid group' for work with custom target, because when make clothes they don't follow the body if deform by custom target ?
Marco_105

Re: Rigid group and Custom target

Postby jujube » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:13 pm

If youre making any kind of body target, make sure to use the basemesh with helpers in MT. You need to tell it how MH should deform clothes as part of your target. For example if you're making the arm longer, use the helpers mesh so that you can make the sleeve longer as well.
jujube

Postby Marco_105 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:47 pm

I use target from mesh, which is female body and try to make a general target in BL.
That run, but clothes don't follow displacement from target, even if I use in BL average female with helper and if I bring model from MH with importer helper feature... I don't know why !
Marco_105

Postby jujube » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:19 pm

The mask modifer is useful. Create a vertex group for what you want to hide/show (theres a button to reverse the direction of vertex group influence) and the mask modifer will hide it. Modify the body first with the clothes hidden, then sculpt/edit the clothes helpers to fit the new body.

You may also want to look into the development version of MH. It has a feature that lets you create a target from a character. (this seems to be what you are trying to do.) The staff can tell you more, i dont remember the name/version.
jujube

Postby Marco_105 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Ok, thanks, I have to look about that, maybe more feature can help me...
Marco_105

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests