El Capitan

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: El Capitan

Postby loki1950 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:37 am

Welcome aboard besworks glad that you decided to dig deeper not an OSX user myself stick with my *nix install :geek: can't afford MAC hardware hopefully someone with El Capitain will try your corrected code.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby RobBaer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:26 am

@besworks - incredibly impresive 1st post :D
Many thanks for the suggestion. We'll see if we can can come up with a build using your suggestions and put it out for testing.
RobBaer

Postby Aranuvir » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:32 pm

Maybe we should keep track of the solution on the bugtracker?
Aranuvir

Postby besworks » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:25 am

RobBaer wrote:@besworks - incredibly impresive 1st post :D
Many thanks for the suggestion. We'll see if we can can come up with a build using your suggestions and put it out for testing.

Glad to be of help. I can see myself getting a lot of use out of MakeHuman so I'm happy to be able to contribute something in return.

Aranuvir wrote:Maybe we should keep track of the solution on the bugtracker?

We can certainly continue this discussion on the bugtracker. I've created a bug report over there with additional findings including a working solution! http://bugtracker.makehumancommunity.org/issues/1225

besworks

Postby hdusel » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:14 am

It appears that Makehumen for MacOS X has been (accidentally ?) build with a minimum sys requirement for OS 10.12 (Sierra / High Sierra). :roll:
Hence you see this "striked though sign" icon on ElCapitan...

Well I gave it a a try and an OS X greater than 10.11 (El Capitan) is actually not really needed to run MH 1.1.1!
It runs like a charm even on ElCapitan...
...if the build would be adjusted to create an executable for 10.11. and __not_ for 10.12.

Below find a patched executeable of MakeHuman that runs on ElCapitan that should do the job too.

So you'll need to replace the wrong file by this:

1) Download the official dmg of MH (as you probably did already)
2) Copy the MH App Icon (with the sriked) sign to your Mac where you're comfortable
3) Right Click on the App Icon and in the Context menu select "Show Package Contents"
4) Navigate to Contents/MacOS/
5) Grab the attached archive "MakeHuman.zip" and uncompress it anywhere. Within this you'll find a file named "MakeHuman"
6) Use this and replace/overwrite the Executable (runner) named "MakeHuman" within the Apps Package "Content/MacOS/" as described above.

Then give it a try. MakeHuman should then start successfully. It may happen that the Icon is still visually marked as "not compatible" despite it actually works. In this case just rename the App to some arbitrary name and name it back. then the Icon should change to the solid one...

Hope this helps...

BR - Peter -
Attachments
MH_ElCapitan_Action.png
MakeHuman.zip
MakeHuman OSX Executeable
(10.57 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
hdusel

Postby uncle808us » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It worked and even I could do it. ;)
Again thanks.
OSX El Capitan
Ver 10.11.6
uncle808us

Previous

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests