Shape Key Transfer not working?

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Shape Key Transfer not working?

Postby tomcat » Tue May 21, 2024 3:36 pm

seroo wrote:The blender addon is connected

What version of Blender?
(I also want shape keys for the rest of the body as in the MH app and it looks like there's a separate addon for that?)

It's done differently.
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby Ricardo2020 » Sat May 25, 2024 1:22 am

This is spamming AI bot thing, my Good Sir.

However, a discussion on the topic of importing and exporting completely functional models between Blender and MakeHuman would be a very welcome thread, as it seems to be brought up both by bot and human alike.

It would be of major interest to me, perhaps knowing which versions of both programs are the most stable and compatible together in a workflow where a model is sourced in MMakeHuman on its way to the Blender destination. What settings work best when exporting? What must be done within Blender once the model is loaded? How does one go about continuing the work wherein you place the model into a set/world/situation/etc. inside Blender?

I have Blender 4x on my boxen. I have looked at it running and poked around some. Blender is huge and the learning curve is rather steep. Thus, my model making is done in MakeHuman. I have a desire to go further, with my models becoming actors in stories. I am not looking to animate the players, rather, to capture them as comic book source frames. Life happens around me and there is little time for a lot of work. I hope to eventually get there, but my present knowledge is so sparse that Blender is almost overwhelming at the moment.

Getting all the switches set would help a lot of folks start blending the humans they make...
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Postby tomcat » Sat May 25, 2024 8:35 am

Ricardo2020 wrote:It would be of major interest to me, perhaps knowing which versions of both programs are the most stable and compatible together in a workflow where a model is sourced in MMakeHuman on its way to the Blender destination. What settings work best when exporting? What must be done within Blender once the model is loaded? How does one go about continuing the work wherein you place the model into a set/world/situation/etc. inside Blender?

I'm working on it.
tomcat

Postby tomcat » Sat May 25, 2024 5:17 pm

Ricardo2020 wrote:It would be of major interest to me, perhaps knowing which versions of both programs are the most stable and compatible together in a workflow where a model is sourced in MMakeHuman on its way to the Blender destination. What settings work best when exporting? What must be done within Blender once the model is loaded? How does one go about continuing the work wherein you place the model into a set/world/situation/etc. inside Blender?

It's better to open a thread with a specific question. And do not use the one created by bots.

I have not found a universal, completely problem-free workflow.

Now I tried Blender 4.1 and it doesn't work properly.

In my work with I use Blender 2.93, but I need animation.
Blender is huge and the learning curve is rather steep.

Not all of Blender's features are necessary.
tomcat

Postby Ricardo2020 » Sat May 25, 2024 10:22 pm

Many thanks, Tomcat.

I look forward to more details on this in, as you have suggested (and I totally agree with), a new thread that is bot free. As all here know by now, I am hating all things AI with every fiber of my being. This is what happens when filthy rich asshats get ahold of stuff they do not fully understand, with the only end goal being to milk people out of all the money and resources they can get.

I am looking at you, Google, Meta, Microsoft and Apple, etc.. When the executives of these outfits start being held directly and criminally responsible for the unfettered damage they do all over the planet, things will change. Right now, the best our governments can do is slap them on the wrist... I am more in favor of taking a ball bat to their heads and beating them to a pulp...
Paddle faster. I hear charango music!
Ricardo2020

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests