Blender crash when hitting Render-Button

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Blender crash when hitting Render-Button

Postby VapeLord » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:58 am

Hello MH-Community,

i´m new here in this Forum and I love MH :D

I´m using MH 1.2.0a3 with Blender 2.79 and sometimes MH 1.2.0a4 with Blender 2.82a and have a problem with the Render.

Example: I´m creating a Character in MH 1.2.0a3, export them into MHX2 and import them into Blender 2.79. So far as so good, no Problems. I can pose the Character etc. but when I hit the Render-Button, Blender crashes without a warning or anithing else. It quits from alone like I would hit the Cross-Button to close the Application.
After many many many try´s I could figure out that this Problem happen, when I use some Assets like Clothes or Hairstryles (can´t remeber witch exactly). When I delete this Assets in Blender, I could render the Scene without crash. :?: :?: :?:

Have anybody the same Problem?

P.S: Sorry for my bad english :oops:

Greetz Vape
VapeLord

Re: Blender crash when hitting Render-Button

Postby Elvaerwyn » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Allo! Not sure if you have same issue as me but I used to have exactly what you describe in cycles when I would hit the image editor instead of full screen option in the render panel itself in the drop down menu. Display full screen worked for me and making sure it was set to supported and not experimental, worth a try anyway.
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Postby VapeLord » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Hi Elvaerwyn,

yep, it´s sounds like the same Problem. I test it in Fullscreen and it doesn´t crashed.

I did an Experiment which is reproducable.

I switched off the Clothes and Hairstyle in the Blender panell, than I switched in the Material/Priview Tab to "rendered".
After that I switched every cloth ,one by one, on.
Thats like Minesweeper, only a question off what you click and it crashes again. :lol:

Here a list off Assets on the Character witch i swiched on/off :

-adrienne hair1
-high_heels_library
-mind_nails_03_long
-mini_skirt_02
-Stocking01
-Top_01

Greetz Vape
VapeLord

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 pm

Which body mesh? I am in the middle of moving and don't have access to my engineering journal. I remember there was a body mesh that caused this problem. One of the female with genitals proxy.
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby VapeLord » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:20 am

Hi SaltyCowdawg,

I belive I used the adult female genitalia as Proxy, but I´m not shure. I´ll check it later.

Could it possible that are some Proxys incompatible to some other Assets? Because a nude Character will be rendered without Problems.

Greetz Vape
VapeLord

Postby DrHas » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:29 am

Specs?? To me it sounds like your computer is underpowered. Or you could have your render settings to high for your underpowered machine. In my opinion, you need an i9 cpu or at least the very best i7 cpu. You also need at least an RTX 1070. I have both. I have been looking forward to the GTX cards - with the world the way it is...it might be a bit longer.

Also look at the assets you're trying to render. Some of the Makehuman clothes are pretty complex. This is where my knowledge needs a bit more, things like vertices and faces. The more complex these items are within a scene the more power you need depending on quality settings. And lets not forget the physics engine. Please someone correct me if I'm at all wrong in this manner.

Blender and Makehuman used in concert isn't a simple toy for errant button pushers straight from the baby school of Mac. This isn't a jibe at you, but a more broader attack on the cultural malaise we exist in, and one which Crapple has help create. I mean we're talking about Makehuman used as a human modeler program, and Blender which can be used in many different configurations to create. Hence, I'm happy to admit that I only have a broad understanding of the internal modeling side of Blender. I do though understand the crashes you may be experiencing, because as a newbie - some 2 years ago...I am a mad genius, I take enough dexamphetamine (ADHD) to fel an elephant lol...but only two years ago I wouldn't have understood what I've relayed above.

The complexity of the technological eco-system is vast. It takes time to understand what a software program needs - in terms of processing power - to be able to 1st make the whole system work in the way you want it too.

Always give a bit more detail, specs of machine any error data in these sorts of problems. Because at the end of the day, I think the above is the problem...but in may be something else because you haven't given all the data.

Be safe. We can beat Covid.

Ben
DrHas

Postby VapeLord » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 am

I don´t render at the highest possible Quality. And I have this problem on my second PC too. I rendered many complex scenes on both Systems without this error.
When I strain my System, it takes only longer to render a scene or i get an Errormassage. So I could adjust my settings and try again. By the way, I use Unity from time to time and that´s a bit more complex as a static scene in Blender. That´s my opinion. ;)
But in this example, I have only one Character in the scene. This is not really complex or?

PS: Newbie in this Forum, yes! Newbie in Blender and MH? Not really. ;)

Greets Vape
VapeLord

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:44 pm

VapeLord wrote:Hi SaltyCowdawg,

Could it possible that are some Proxys incompatible to some other Assets? Because a nude Character will be rendered without Problems.

Greetz Vape

I had mixed results when I was troubleshooting the problem myself. Sometimes the nude character would render other times it would crash. What used to be my favorite proxy for female characters now is rarely used. I used it because the shoulder definition was what I used to try to accomplish by sculpting and I'm a lousy sculptor. :-)
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Postby VapeLord » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi Salty,

I take a look what Proxy I used for the Model.
It´s the female_adult_genitalia_healed.

Greetz Vape
VapeLord

Postby VapeLord » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi all,

I think I figured out whats the reason of this crash is. It´s seems to be a problem with the chosen Render Engine of Blender. With BlenderRender, it crash immidiatly. With CycleRender it works fine. :D
The BlenderRender seems get into trouble with some Materials/Textures of MH.

Greets Vape
VapeLord

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests