An optimistic message to young developers

For discussions related to game development, and to game development software such as Unity, Unreal Engine, Godot and so on.

An optimistic message to young developers

Postby warev » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:20 am

I’m old enough to remember people 8-10 years older than me rushing to become a dentist because there was a lot of money in it. When my time came to think about college, everyone was obsessing over STEM.

Now we urge kids to become plumbers because AI will replace us all. Bitcoin will replace the dollar, the Metaverse will replace the office. None of you know shit. Nobody does.

The narrative keeps changing every 7 years. If you’re a young person who is bombarded by fearmongering and isn’t sure what to do with their life, just relax. No one knows anything. Pick your thing and stick with it no matter what out-of-touch billionaires are saying about it.

Most likely they’re trying to build hype around their company’s stock price. They don’t give a fuck if what they’re saying applies to the real world. We’ve seen this story unfold a thousand times.
warev

Re: An optimistic message to young developers

Postby warev » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

warev wrote:I’m old enough to remember people 8-10 years older than me rushing to become a dentist because there was a lot of money in it. When my time came to think about college, everyone was obsessing over STEM.

Now we urge kids to become plumbers because AI will replace us all. Bitcoin will replace the dollar, the Metaverse will replace the office. None of you know shit. Nobody does.

The narrative keeps changing every 7 years. If you’re a young person who is bombarded by fearmongering and isn’t sure what to do with their life, just relax. No one knows anything. Pick your thing and stick with it no matter what out-of-touch billionaires are saying about it.
https://9apps.ooo/
Most likely they’re trying to build hype around their company’s stock price. They don’t give a fuck if what they’re saying applies to the real world. We’ve seen this story unfold a thousand times.

I got this,..
warev

Return to Game development