Blender just for posing drawing reference? Is it worth it?

Discussions about MakeHuman, Blender and MPFB. It is ok to ask for general Blender support here, even if it isn't directly related to MakeHuman

Blender just for posing drawing reference? Is it worth it?

Postby rojer » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:14 am

I spent last night just trying to learn everything I needed to simply pose models. I love the amount of super high quality and stylized models for things like Apex legends and Overwatch, but it was a nightmare to learn. I eventually found SOME of the clothing options and the bones (I think, there was barely any) and tried to pose the model only for her arm to warp like a a piece of taffy instead of pulling forward like a real arm.

How long will this take to learn? I don't want to use uncanny feeling daz 3d models but Idk if spending months learning blender would be worth it just for posing
rojer

Re: Blender just for posing drawing reference? Is it worth i

Postby joepal » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:45 am

If all you want to do is posing some figures, then maybe learning blender is overkill. It's a bit like learning Excel just to calculate your BMI.

Blender is a powerful solution that can do lots and lots of stuff though, so there might be reasons for learning Blender outside of just posing.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Blender just for posing drawing reference? Is it worth i

Postby RobBaer » Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:56 pm

Did you try the pose tab in makehuman?
RobBaer

Return to Blender and MPFB