ThomasL

Re: MH short movie

Postby Manuel » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:28 pm

We have to add urgently some cool hairstyles to MakeHuman libraries! :p
Manuel

Postby ThomasL » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:48 am

Here is another one:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?245361-Pyramid-Films-The-S.Ecret-Search&p=2080451&viewfull=1#post2080451.

We need to get some good default clothes, made by real artists, bundled with MH *fast*. And remove my placeholder clothes. It is starting to be embarrassing to see people use that ugly sweater.

Incidentally, it is now possible to put clothes and hairstyles in the user's home directory, at ~/makehuman/data/clothes and ~/makehuman/data/hairstyles (~ would be My Documents in Windows). Apparently Marc added that functionality to the file browser long ago, but I did not realize that. Now clothes adaption and export look at the user directories too. Perhaps we can set up some way to download clothes from a repository, as is done for skin textures.
ThomasL

Postby brkurt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Okay, you've convinced me; I'll post my characters as I create them. Here is my main character in her hiking outfit.
All the components have been UV mapped.

and here is the blend file, complete with turntable and background.

http://www.geekopolis.ca/blender/hikingOutfit1.blend
brkurt

Postby mflerackers » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:34 am

ThomasL wrote:Here is another one:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?245361-Pyramid-Films-The-S.Ecret-Search&p=2080451&viewfull=1#post2080451.

We need to get some good default clothes, made by real artists, bundled with MH *fast*. And remove my placeholder clothes. It is starting to be embarrassing to see people use that ugly sweater.

Incidentally, it is now possible to put clothes and hairstyles in the user's home directory, at ~/makehuman/data/clothes and ~/makehuman/data/hairstyles (~ would be My Documents in Windows). Apparently Marc added that functionality to the file browser long ago, but I did not realize that. Now clothes adaption and export look at the user directories too. Perhaps we can set up some way to download clothes from a repository, as is done for skin textures.

The reason that downloading clothes from the repository isn't enabled yet is that I need to implement zipped resources first, so clothes with their textures are one file + a preview file. After that we will change the folder view so only previews are initially downloaded, this way users can choose which clothes they actually want to download and use.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby duststorm » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Interesting to see MH being used in projects.
Recently I've been quite busy with other things so clothes work has not advanced much. I'll try and pick it up again real soon.
I've planned a sweater, some jacket and a few more female clothes.

If I could find the time I would also have a stab at hairs and improving the ascottk proxy, but I guess I'll tackle things one at a time.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to Gallery