Clyde's Story XIV: Dreams and Premonitions

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Clyde's Story XIV: Dreams and Premonitions

Postby BaronVonGott » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:51 pm

That night the four of us had dinner. We played cards, drank, and laughed about trivial and silly things. We were happy. The madness was over. I turned in for a long overdue sleep. I was tired and still a little sore. My slumber became heavy and plagued with dark and prophetic visions. I had nightmares before, but this was much more vivid and sinister.
grab_2020-02-12_11.52.05.png
At first it was peaceful. I dreamt of a mysterious woman who appeared to see beyond. She was like a siren that called to me through the haze of time itself. She beckoned me to follow her. Learn her secrets. She had something to tell me, but I didn't know what.
grab_2020-02-12_12.00.23.png
The peace I felt around this woman was quickly shattered by visions of a world in flames. Endless war. Perpetual violence. Houses divided amongst themselves. Tearing of flesh and gnashing of teeth. All the spooky things preachers rabbled on about when you bailed on church to go to the bar. Madness and destruction were the norm here. I wished to rebuild this world, but I didn't know how.
grab_2020-02-12_13.51.18.png
I dreamt of grotesque abominations of flesh and steel. Creatures who only wished to consume life. A jealous envy of the living and the dead. Neither living or nonliving. Lost souls. Damned. The final stop on the road to nowhere. I didn't know which was worse: To be them? Or to be devoured in their frenzy.
grab_2020-02-12_13.34.01.png
For a brief moment, I saw a feigning light amidst the darkness. Time was short. A desperate plea rang out amidst the screams and gunfire. "Help us!" It seemed to say.
grab_2020-02-12_12.09.28.png
I saw things I did not wish to see. Unspeakable horrors of dark prophecies fulfilled. A lost world forever extinguished in the shadows of eternal twilight. I screamed, but I could not awaken. There was still more sights to behold.
grab_2020-02-12_12.57.12.png
I saw things beyond my comprehension. Things I was unable to grasp with a mortal mind. I nearly lost my sanity attempting to understand the infinite. I don't think I was meant to know this answer.
grab_2020-02-12_12.49.05.png
The final vision was by far the worst. My hair stood up on the back of my neck. My spine felt rigid like glass. In a word, it was evil. But evil is merely a word. What this was was different. Ancient. Not like the evil of men, or the cruel hand of fate. This was sharp and deliberate. The whisper in the ear of the ones who hold the pens. It was the glint of cruelty in the eye of every murderer. The selfish urge of every rapist. The little voice in your head that says: "Do it. No one will ever know... but I will." An old and powerful rage that wants nothing more than to impale humanity upon it's own self-righteous ego. The word evil fails to accurately describe it. It seemed trapped somehow, but I could feel the hinges bend. The deadbolt snap. Whatever it was, it wanted out of it's prison. Our greed and our sins enhanced it's power. It defiantly refused to be contained any longer.
grab_2020-02-12_12.20.40.png
I awoke in absolute terror. I was shivering in a pool of sweat. I saw things mortals were never meant to see. Dark things. Terrible things. Things beyond my control and understanding. I had more questions than answers. I felt helpless and alone. I wanted to wake Lydia and hold her, but we barely knew each other. I don't want to sleep anymore.
grab_2020-02-12_13.18.44.png
I really got to lay off the spicy food before bed. I really hope that's all it was.
grab_2020-02-12_13.22.40.png
Next: Greetings from Ukraine
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Re: Clyde's Story XIV: Dreams and Premonitions

Postby BaronVonGott » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:01 pm

Author's note: (MILD SPOILER) The character "Zoey" in the second panel is not my character. I had stumbled across the skin and hair and thought she looked cool. Because she's not mine, she is invincible. My intention is not to blatantly steal this character, my intentions are a respectful homage/crossover with her serving as a guest star. If the owner of the character wishes, I will upload any of my characters they would like to borrow for their stories. I don't bite, I'm not Julius. Feel free to ask me whatever you like. Zoey is never mentioned by name, and only appears three times in the story. Here, once more in a dream, and at the end of the sequel. You'll barely see her. She basically serves as a spirit guide type of character.
"The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy." - Woodrow Wilson
BaronVonGott

Postby loki1950 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 am

BTW you can use MH's background image feature to give your stories a bit more punch :mrgreen: since you are using the internal render engine though they would all be much better using blender's cycles render engine and you could have more than a single characters in each frame.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby BaronVonGott » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:50 am

I did try that, but for some reason when I add backgrounds they only work for default poses. If I zoom in or rotate a character, they disappear. That's why I made dumb jokes about "dull grey wallpaper" and stuff like that.
BaronVonGott

Return to Gallery