Body study as seen from my perspective

Images of characters done with MakeHuman

Moderator: joepal

Re: Body study as seen from my perspective

Postby blindsaypatten » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:45 am

That's great! Such a developed character complete in a Blend file! Thanks a lot for making this available! :D
blindsaypatten

Postby Mindfront » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:01 am

blindsaypatten wrote:That's great! Such a developed character complete in a Blend file! Thanks a lot for making this available!
You're welcome :D When I just had made a character pack of Aksel to Blendswap, you asked about something like that so the only thing I had to do was to uncensored the textures and bundle also the MakeHuman specific files as it is more fun to be able to dress him in MakeHuman instead of fitting clothes manually. Aksel inkludes all my so far in Blender modifications and materials. Still working on finding the perfect vertex weighting and settings for corrective smooth. If you look at the teeth you will se I made a teeth-gum mask to make a smoother transition.

An idea growed for about a month ago when talking to punkduck, I decided to make an own male character. Only Big Head is completely my creation but overall useless, the other males, Samuel, John, Aksel and Gabriel (not presented) is designed in MakeHuman by Bellatrix and I did some fine tuning and the texturing. I wanted to create a character more natural looking, and absolutely no belgian blue cliche.

After yet some texturing work, to adapt Big Heads textures to fit the new character. Using all my male characters specific in Blender modification, including full body particle hair, beard and a hairdo, which took about a week on its own to figure out how to make.

I like to present Kamden
Character_Kamden_poster.jpg
Kamden likes MakeHuman

he uses the default base mesh (topologies: None), some of my own targets to enhance the shapes. The hairdo was a pain to make as it seems harder to do short particle hair than long and needed to do vertex weighting for the hair length instead of manually cut the hair. The body hair is relatively simple and just to give the character that little extra. The ears would look better from behind if adding some more edgeloops, but I want to keep the original topology for time being.

Kamden is made specific to be shared, as license CC-BY 4.0. A friend already got one version to take for a test drive ;-)
Here is some preview renders
Character_Kamden_01.jpg
Kamden front
Character_Kamden_02.jpg
Kamden side
Character_Kamden_03.jpg
Kamden back
Character_Kamden_04.jpg
Kamden out for a walk
Character_Kamden_05.jpg
Kamden posing

Later he will be available somewhere and/or here.
Mindfront

Postby blindsaypatten » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:20 pm

Wow!!

I can't wait to look at the Blend file and try to understand how you did some of this.

Aksel is great, but this will have much more mainstream appeal.

P.S. I think you should turn off shadows on the eyelashes or something like that.
blindsaypatten

Postby wolgade » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:34 pm

Great character, great images, But Kamden will get trouble for driving his car into Tiergarten (a big park in Berlin). :lol:
wolgade

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi Mindfront

Mindfront wrote:Later he will be available somewhere and/or here.

That's weird, he obviously already arrived in Germany near Brandenburger Tor.

Great work, Also nice to see him with the clothes of o4saken.

Btw: Not much time though, one of my models is missing ... no idea what she is doing at the moment :roll:
punkduck

Postby blindsaypatten » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Is Kamden's last name Gosling?
KamdenGosling.jpg
blindsaypatten

Postby Mindfront » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:49 am

blindsaypatten wrote:but this will have much more mainstream appeal.
P.S. I think you should turn off shadows on the eyelashes or something like that.
As intended :) I should have chosen a bit softer light, at least a better angle. Sometimes when testrender, it's easy to over do things and miss some details.

wolgade wrote:Great character, great images, But Kamden will get trouble for driving his car into Tiergarten (a big park in Berlin). :lol:
Had no clue that Kamden was so irresponsible as I made him to be kind and loving, an humanist and to love animals, most of them, not ticks. Kamden promised to behave if I let him travel around the globe. The first thing he does is driving around in a pollution car where people shall recreate. :oops:

punkduck wrote:
Mindfront wrote:Later he will be available somewhere and/or here.
That's weird, he obviously already arrived in Germany near Brandenburger Tor.
Aha, that's where he is! As usual a parent gets to know nothing.

punkduck wrote:Also nice to see him with the clothes of o4saken.
My thought also, they kind of looked like made for Kamden, the kind rebel.

punkduck wrote:Btw: Not much time though, one of my models is missing ... no idea what she is doing at the moment :roll:
What?! Missing! who?

blindsaypatten wrote:Is Kamden's last name Gosling?
Not at all (a trippel) :lol: Kamden is made without mimic someone, and that was a very funny parable.
Mindfront

Postby MargaretToigo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:58 pm

I think Kamden is hot. Maybe his classic Mustang -- which ran on leaded gasoline back in the day when that was still a thing -- has been converted to electric for the 21st century...

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a20686357/electric-conversions-can-save-classic-cars-and-make-them-quicker/

Seriously, Mindfront, your work is simply amazing.
MargaretToigo

Postby punkduck » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:00 pm

I was not sure, but now I know, where my model Evi is ... :shock:

kamden+evi_waterfall.jpg

the rest of the pictures I placed in my thread ...

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13672&start=386

Thank you Mindfront to make this rendezvous possible and thank you Elvaerwyn for the clothes.
punkduck

Postby Mindfront » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:26 pm

MargaretToigo wrote:I think Kamden is hot.
Made right from my imagination and some advice from Bellatrix. After some thoughts he reminds a little of a neighbor I had for a while ago 8-)

MargaretToigo wrote:Maybe his classic Mustang -- which ran on leaded gasoline back in the day when that was still a thing -- has been converted to electric for the 21st century...
Yes! Thats right, of course, the trunk, or the engine compartment is filled with batteries. From now on, my main characters only drive electric cars, the exhaust pipes is only for display :D

MargaretToigo wrote:Seriously, Mindfront, your work is simply amazing.
Thank you! And for your clothes (again :D).

Kamden (family friendly version) Blender version is now available on Blendswap. Later I will post a MakeHuman dress doll here. To begin with I upload Kamden's 4096p textures http://www.makehumancommunity.org/skin/kamden_skin.html
The texures works on all MakeHuman 1.1.1 characters and special made to work by using my previous posted material download/file.php?id=5930
A tips is to also connect the "Skin Specular Wet - for lips and eyes" mask to the "Skin Cells ON/OFF" input to remove generating skin cells on those parts.

Evi and Kamden sent these images from their continuing romantic adventure, travel from Germany to Sweden (HDRi's not from Sweden, from https://hdrihaven.com).
Mindfront_-_Evi_and_Kamden_01-At_the_coastal_inn.jpg
At the coastal inn
The quilt material looks awful but I let it be and focused on other thing.

Mindfront_-_Evi_and_Kamden_02-The_proposal.jpg
The proposal
Bellatrix helped making the engagement ring box especially for this scene. First I thought of using same clothes as in punkduck's image series but both had to change clothes for this scene. (I dont like the tshirt's normal map therefore not contributed until made a better one.)

One scene left but will take a while.
Thank you punkduck, and for the idea of making this image series. Trippel :D

Pity I havent had time to try MakeHuman alpha yet but thank you MakeHuman team for continue work on the software.
Mindfront

PreviousNext

Return to Gallery