New test build for windows

Locked forum where the devs and staff post news about the makehuman software

New test build for windows

Postby joepal » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:05 pm

I have uploaded a new build for windows at http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman ... -win32.zip

This contains all the fixes that have been made for the 1.1.1 release, although the build still reports itself as "1.1.0" in the window title. Testing is very welcome.

If MH already works for you, you will not see much difference compared to the 1.1.0 release, but if you had problems with unicode pathnames this build is hopefully working better.

For a full list of changes, as well as a list of what remains for 1.1.1, see http://bugtracker.makehumancommunity.org/versions/11

My current plan is that the next build will be a beta release for 1.1.1.

As almost all changes are for fixing windows issues, I haven't bothered to update the PPA. But the beta will end up on launchpad when it is available.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: New test build for windows

Postby loki1950 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Thanks Joel now I have to boot into Win10 :lol: first time this year.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby gunoldb » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:54 pm

I just installed this build an Windows 10, but I dont get any clothes.
In the Materials-Tab the Clothes are empty.
gunoldb

Postby joepal » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:39 pm

gunoldb wrote:I just installed this build an Windows 10, but I dont get any clothes.
In the Materials-Tab the Clothes are empty.

Clothes are under "geometries", not under "materials". The materials tab is where you select, for example, the color of the skin.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby badwolf » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:36 pm

as part of a general cleanup could somebody check the MHat files for issues like having the opacity flag set to 0.0??
badwolf

Postby Freehunter » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:19 pm

Just starting to run some tests doing a regular "install" on a flash drive in various directories. Started with Windows XP SP3 because it is what usually do initial work on before getting out Windows 8.1 PC.

Thought would bring up this curiosity.

With MakeHuman in folder MakeHumanåäöüñé. Had not noticed the following on previous install folders, will have to go back and check.

model saved as file female_test.mhm but in File Chooser list it is Female test
model saved as file TéléTélé.mhm but in File Chooser list it is Télétélé
model saved as file ру́сскийязы́к.mhm but in File Chooser list it is Pу́сскийязы́к
model saved as file åäöüñé.mhm but in File Chooser list it is åäöüñé starting with a capital letter
model saved as file åäöüûñ.mhm but in File Chooser list it is åäöüûñ starting with a capital letter

but: model saved as file Téléскийяäöü.mhm in File Chooser list it is Téléскийяäöü the same as far as I can tell

Thought might be something unique to languages using those characters but happened for female_test.mhm??

And because it seemed so odd before, tried folder TéléTélé again.

Watching Task Manager, see makehuman.exe start and then terminate. Nothing was displayed and the makehuman folder was not created in My Documents so guess no logs.

Also found the same thing happen when makehuman in folder ру́сскийязы́к though may have loaded slightly more before terminated. Still no display or
makehuman folder created in My Documents.

Note: I delete the makehuman folder in My Documents, if created, before trying different install folder.
Freehunter

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:42 pm

The differing names displayed in the file chooser is a common behavior, Filenames will be capitalized and '_ ' is replaced by a space.

I'm not sure if I understood your folder testings correctly. Perhaps could you do the following: for each OS version start MH one time from the MakeHumanåäöüñé folder and one time from TéléTélé and report the start-up result for the folders in dependence of the OS-Version?
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Ok, that things fail on winxp is not surprising in the least. I didn't think to test that.

I think it's intended that the file chooser (we're talking about the rightmost panel right?) does some cosmetic replacements such as capitalizing words and replacing underscores with spaces. It does this with other assets too.

But I'll take a look at TéleTéle again.

As a clarification: Did you enter any of these strings manually via the keyboard, or did you copy/paste from the web?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby Freehunter » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:33 am

Aranuvir wrote:The differing names displayed in the file chooser is a common behavior, Filenames will be capitalized and '_ ' is replaced by a space.

I'm not sure if I understood your folder testings correctly. Perhaps could you do the following: for each OS version start MH one time from the MakeHumanåäöüñé folder and one time from TéléTélé and report the start-up result for the folders in dependence of the OS-Version?

I'm doing this on a flash drive so can move same setup between PC with XP and one with 8.1

Have not got to trying on 8.1 yet. General procedure:

SETUP "NORMAL INSTALL"

Code: Select all
1) Unzip makehuman-stable-20170201-win32.zip to folder X:\MakeHuman

2) Unzip community-extras-mhplugins-v1.1.0-cr1.zip to X:\MakeHuman\plugins

3) Create folders:

X:\MakeHumanåäöüñé
      X:\MakeHumanåäöüûñ
      X:\MakeHumanTéléTélé
      X:\TéléTélé
      X:\ру́сскийязы́к

4) Copy contents of X:\MakeHuman folder into each of these folders.

5) Run through tests for each one starting with makehuman.exe in X:\MakeHuman folder. Create a character and save model six times using names:

female_test
     TéléTélé
     ру́сскийязы́к
     åäöüñé
     åäöüûñ
     Téléскийяäöü

6) Verify that all are shown in the File Chooser and load each one.

7) When all models tried, delete the makehuman user folder (in My Documents for Windows XP)

8) Repeat model creation, saving and loading for next installation folder of MH.

SETUP "PORTABLE INSTALL"

Code: Select all
A) Clean install of PortableApps Platform.

B) Install makehuman-community-1.1.0-cr1.paf.exe

C) Delete all files in X:\PortableApps\MakeHumanPortable\App\MakeHuman.

D) Copy all files from "Normal Install" X:\MakeHuman folder to X:\PortableApps\MakeHumanPortable\App\MakeHuman.

E) Create other folders to test portable operation:

X:\PortableApps\MakeHumanåäöüñé
X:\PortableApps\MakeHumanåäöüûñ
X:\PortableApps\MakeHumanTéléTélé
X:\PortableApps\TéléTélé
X:\PortableApps\ру́сскийязы́к

F) Copy everything in X:\PortableApps\MakeHumanPortable to each of these folders.

G) Run a portable instance and create and save a character using the names:

female_test
TéléTélé
ру́сскийязы́к
åäöüñé
åäöüûñ
Téléскийяäöü

H) Verify that they are all visible in the File Chooser and that they load.

Unlike the "Normal Install" of MakeHuman, the "Portable Install" user folders are not shared so they do NOT interact with other installs. Example

X:\PortableApps\MakehumanOfficial\Data\makehuman
X:\PortableApps\MakeHumanåäöüñé\Data\makehuman
X:\PortableApps\MakeHumanåäöüûñ\Data\makehuman
etc.

I) Repeat G and H for each installed portable version of MakeHuman.

joepal wrote:Ok, that things fail on winxp is not surprising in the least. I didn't think to test that.
SNIPPED
As a clarification: Did you enter any of these strings manually via the keyboard, or did you copy/paste from the web?

Copy and paste from sources at makehumancommunity.org such as http://bugtracker.makehumancommunity.org/issues/1107
Freehunter

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:00 am

OK, could you just tell us if any of these folders
  • X:\MakeHumanåäöüñé
  • X:\MakeHumanåäöüûñ
  • X:\MakeHumanTéléTélé
  • X:\TéléTélé
  • X:\ру́сскийязы́к]
let MakeHuman refuse to start up on your Windows 8 system?
Aranuvir

Next

Return to News from the crew