Is It Possible to Use a Model in the T-Pose for MakeClothes?

A place for unofficial tutorials posted by MH users

Moderator: joepal

Is It Possible to Use a Model in the T-Pose for MakeClothes?

Postby Robitron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:44 pm

Is it possible to use a character that is in the T-Pose to model clothing? The current pose of the human mesh has the arms at such an angle that it makes using Blender's Cloth Sewing Springs difficult if not impossible. I understand that the human mesh can be loaded with helpers but the tights are giving the poor dude a serious wedgie. Even tights in real life don't ride up a person's backside that severely that I've ever seen.

Don't get me wrong, I love Makehuman and am in awe of the work you've all done with it. Furthermore, I appreciate the fact that I have such a powerful tool at my disposal so please don't take this post as a complaint or ridicule. I'm merely stating that the tights do not appear to be modeled to have a natural fit and that the pose of the arms are difficult to work around.

I suppose I could delete the arms and use the Cloth Sewing Springs then model the arms free-style but it would just be easier if I could use a T-Pose character from the go instead. Then, I could use the same character to model both tops and bottoms without having to mutilate the human mesh then re-load a fresh one for the export.
Robitron

Re: Is It Possible to Use a Model in the T-Pose for MakeClot

Postby Robitron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:18 pm

Okay, so I'm stupid. lol It's in the import settings. I had to tick the import helpers box! Now my dude can be in the T and I can model up him some nice shirts 'n' such! (that last part is better if you read it in a deep southern U.S. accent) ;)
Robitron

Return to Tutorials