MH -> Blender -> Unity Eyes and eyebrow problem

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MH -> Blender -> Unity Eyes and eyebrow problem

Postby ThomasL » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:16 am

As I said before, the problem is that the cornea casts shadows on the eyes. It is difficult for us to do anything about it, because Blender's Collada importer ignores the shadow settings. To fix this in Blender after import, select the eyes material and uncheck Cast Shadows. This means that the eyeballs wont cast any shadows either, but I cannot think of a situation where this would be a problem. Unfortunately, a lot of other Collada importers also ignore the shadow settings where it may not be so easy to fix the problem.
ThomasL

Postby duststorm » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:27 am

ThomasL wrote:As I said before, the problem is that the cornea casts shadows on the eyes. It is difficult for us to do anything about it, because Blender's Collada importer ignores the shadow settings.

Anyone interested in reporting this as a bug on the Blender bugtracker?
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby SpicyTofu » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:22 pm

Xipooo wrote:AHA!!!! I found the problem. It's essentially what you were talking about.

Unity3D made the eyes, brows, and mouth a separate material. All I did was changed them from diffused to transparent diffused and that made the material transparent. The underlying skin now shows.

This isn't ideal but it does mean I should be able to remove those materials from the blender file to get the extraction I want.

Thank you! Solved my problem!
SpicyTofu

Postby joepal » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:49 am

Or you could try this: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... them_there

Note that the FBX export is broken in 1.2.0 though.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Previous

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman