Keep Face Under Clothes MHX2 MH to Blend

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Keep Face Under Clothes MHX2 MH to Blend

Postby TCarp » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:09 pm

I am using the MHX2 plugins for exporting from MakeHuman and importing into Blender. With my first attempt, I had a problem with too many faces being deleted with the hide faces under clothing box checked. I unchecked this so the faces were visible. I then exported a MHX2. I imported this into blender and the underlying faces were still deleted. I want to import all base mesh face and the clothing into blender. I would then manually delete faces and mover vertexes to accomplish less clipping, while keep all needed surfaces. I am using the newly released Blender 2.8. I am not sure if this is a bug with the MHX2 import/export plugins for blender 2.8 or if it has always been the case that base mesh is deleted if under clothes regardless of the checkbox in MH and I just haven't noticed. I would like to know how to keep all of the base mesh while importing into Blender.
TCarp

Re: Keep Face Under Clothes MHX2 MH to Blend

Postby ecke101 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Why are you not using the direct import via socket? Try 1.2.0 alpha and MH Community plugin for Blender 2.8
Then to avoid clipping I have hade good results with the shrinkwrap modifier on clothes set to Outside with a bit of Offset added.
ecke101

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman