Makeclothes help request

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Makeclothes help request

Postby Frederick30 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:50 pm

Hi, just got into making clothes, followed Vscorpianc's tutorial, but my "clothes" are arriving in Makehuman (a) without a material and (b) all lumpy and bumpy. As far as I know, I have done everything as she instructs in her video. Can anyone help please]?
Attachments
MH-help request.PNG
Frederick30

Re: Makeclothes help request

Postby MargaretToigo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:54 pm

In Blender, you have to choose File>External Data>Make All Paths Absolute so that MakeClothes can find your texture files.

There are several reason why clothes look just fine in Blender, but all lumpy and bumpy in MakeHuman. One thing to try is to use the tights instead of the human form.

I have noticed that such distortions are more likely to happen with high poly clothing meshes than lower poly ones.
MargaretToigo

Re: Makeclothes help request

Postby LoneDragon » Thu May 30, 2019 10:35 pm

If Margaret's instructions do not work, you can fix it manually by editing the .mhmat file in your asset's folder and adjust the textures paths there. Also, you can solve this weird shiny look of your character's limbs by decreasing or deactivating specular light in Blender before clicking Makeclothes button.
LoneDragon

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman