maketarget - Load Target form Mesh - HELp plz

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

maketarget - Load Target form Mesh - HELp plz

Postby make3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:17 am

Hi guys,

I can make targets the primary way with no problems , but now i made in blender a full morph of my MH character and want to make it a target .

I reimported in blender my model in .obj format , loaded the base mesh, selected both meshes rhen pressed pressed the button "Load Target the Mesh"

1* If it works, i notice that value 0 = my mdified character and 1 my base character .. it should be the opposite
2* when i select in the opposite order, when i play with the slider, the base character leaves some controlers in the air while its mesh is morphed
3* in any case the saved .target in the proprer folder shows but gives no working slider in MH in the custom tab.
4* Do the eyes of my model are required to make it work in maketarget ?

Can somone know where i can find a tutorial showing HOW i can proprely make a target of my mesh ?

Thank you
make3

Re: maketarget - Load Target form Mesh - HELp plz

Postby joepal » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:53 am

Just a hint... There is a plugin "savetarget" for MH, which does what you want to do: it turns a whole character into a target.

ATM, you'll have to use the master branch of MH from source to use it though.

@Aranuvir: Or is the code in it py2 friendly still?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby joepal » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:55 am

Alternatively, since we discussed it in the other thread: You should be able to use sync mesh to do the same thing. Start with a base mesh in blender, use sync mesh to modify it into your toon, save target.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby make3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:33 am

Hi Joe,

Thx for reply.

But actaully, i made the morph from a mhx2 directely in blender . Then i removed the armature and saved the thing in .obj . I reimported the model . I tried to do the process as described or deduced from tutorials but the results give nothing . Looks like patatoes or atomic explosion. Why the base.obj is such a giant and placed with the focus point in the middle of the vertical axis (and not feet on ground) . Either i should try to redo the job all the way up , morphing the base.obj directly in the classical way .. but its time consuming ..

can i duplicate the base.obj and steal the mesh from my morphed model so this way i have 2 base.obj "before" and "after" so i can proprely make a slider .. but when i duplicate the the base.obj, the copy seems completely bounded to its original .. and if i replace it's mesh, it lose its little "keys" (the marks on the eyes and hands )

Can i simply upload my .obj and you tell me what to do with it ? I want to make the same thing for all other SF5 characters :)
make3

Postby make3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:45 pm

its seems that the little key boxes of the base.obj are the the references for the skeleton . I was misleaded by youtube's VscorpionC vdeo tutoriel in which she explained it was good to hide them before editing .. but in case if my morph induce a shift of the positon of my bones i MUST move them along with the mesh. So basicaly all the matter comes from the fact that i try to use as a target an .obj which had no of those little keyboxes..
make3

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Joepal wrote:@Aranuvir: Or is the code in it py2 friendly still?

No, but it is not only a P2 problem. The code was ported to Qt5...
Aranuvir

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman