Opensim & SL Rigs

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Opensim & SL Rigs

Postby Elvaerwyn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:58 pm

The new*ish bento skeleton(for use in opensim/sl and similar universes)uses tail and wing bones-also hinds, this skeleton works well with flying, quadruped, and tails, antennae etc that one might choose to append a character/avatar with. Blender and its addons, manage to work with this skeleton for porting/conversion. However, this becomes quite clunky quickly when working with makehuman builds and assets back and forth. Actually in between updates on a blender addon, the porting process was very broken, and had to be worked around. I have seen in past others stating a skeleton file(rig) including the bento bone structure for use in makehuman was not only possible but most likely forthcoming? If not I would like to make a formal request from a rig builder for this asset upload, and if there is anything I can do to help would love to do just that! Ty.
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Re: Opensim & SL Rigs

Postby Beacara » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:17 am

Hello! No idea why, but I found no way to answer your PM. So this way:
The rigs posted in "User contributed assets" were created by MakeHuman. I'm not a rig-creator myself.
The bento-rig:
Up to now there is no good working solution, Avastar 2.0 has not managed to give a conversion that is working out of the box without many tweaks. What can be a workaround: Create a new T-pose (mhx2 to blender) with fingers and facebones similar to the bentobones, export as bvh to Makehuman as a new pose, re-export to blender with the opensimrig, unbind, delete the rig, bind to the bentorig. Okay, I admit it is a bit more complicated because you have to consider the eyes separated... When you use Avastar, maybe you can ask Gaia Clary for help.
Beacara

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman