asset downloader refactor text missing

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: asset downloader refactor text missing

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:51 pm

@Joel: not exactly sure to whom you are currently talking to.

I've reverted my commit on 1_mhapi/JsonCall and created a new P3 branch. Hope this fixes the issue, otherwise it wasn't my fault. Sorry for that :oops:. I thought we had dropped P2 anyway. P3 works very fine for me.
Aranuvir

Postby Aranuvir » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:10 pm

I have changed JsonCall on the new branch so it can run on Python2 and 3. Seems to be working on Python3 without problems. If anyone could test the file on Python2?
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:20 pm

I was asking badwolf what he's using.

I'll take a look at testing more thoroughly tomorrow.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby joepal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm getting a very strange stack trace. I don't currently understand why.

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./core/mhmain.py", line 559, in loadPlugin
    module.load(self)
  File "plugins/8_asset_downloader/__init__.py", line 38, in load
    downloadView = category.addTask(AssetDownloadTaskView(category))
  File "plugins/8_asset_downloader/assetdownload.py", line 63, in __init__
    self._setupFilterBox()
  File "plugins/8_asset_downloader/assetdownload.py", line 94, in _setupFilterBox
    self.filterBox.addWidget(self.cbxTypes)
  File "./lib/qtgui.py", line 214, in addWidget
    self.layout.addWidget(widget, row, column, rowSpan, columnSpan, alignment)
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QGridLayout.addWidget(QWidget): argument 1 has unexpected type 'ComboBox'
  QGridLayout.addWidget(QWidget, int, int, Qt.Alignment alignment=0): argument 1 has unexpected type 'ComboBox'
  QGridLayout.addWidget(QWidget, int, int, int, int, Qt.Alignment alignment=0): argument 1 has unexpected type 'ComboBox'

Running "master" on MHAPI, "master" on the assetdownloader and "master" on MH python3, everything works as expected.

However, running either py3/Aranuvir or py2/bitbucket-stable with master MHAPI and master assetdownloader I get the above crash.

I'll have to debug further to understand why it works with py3 and not py2. It's the first I see this error.

I don't know if it's the same problem though.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:12 pm

Had the same issue and took me some time to figure it out. That's an Pyside/ Qt4 mismatch. My code probably forces to ignore Pyside... You need to edit lib/core.py line 52. Sorry I don't like Pyside.
Aranuvir

Postby joepal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:18 pm

Yeah, I figured this too now. With py2 it should work if only pyqt is installed. However with the qt4 branches of py3, it will be pretty difficult to get pyqt4.

Anyway, the most apparent solution for production use is to run py2 + pyqt4 (which is what you get if you download the release binary). This should work with the master branch of the asset downloader.

Note that the branch "big_refactor" in the asset downloader is now deprecated. All relevant changes have been merged to "master".
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby Aranuvir » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:32 pm

Out of curiosity (I'm getting a little confused with all our different versions): what is the current recommended version of mhapi for stable release of MakeHuman 1.1. .Is it github master? And if yes, could you test the Python3 branch of MHAPI with asset downloader on the stable release? It should work, too.
Aranuvir

Postby badwolf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:10 pm

sorry got a bit caught up in something in Skyrim and almost forgot to check back

im using the 11/12 community version

could somebody point me at a known working set with a Python 3 base??
badwolf

Postby joepal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Aranuvir wrote:Out of curiosity (I'm getting a little confused with all our different versions): what is the current recommended version of mhapi for stable release of MakeHuman 1.1. .Is it github master? And if yes, could you test the Python3 branch of MHAPI with asset downloader on the stable release? It should work, too.

Yes, MHAPI master should be stable on both py2 and py3. The asset downloader works fine with py3 master and MHAPI master (I tested just now).

I'll have to check why the nightly binary build for py3 is broken while it works to run from source here.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby badwolf » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:06 pm

joepal wrote:
Aranuvir wrote:Out of curiosity (I'm getting a little confused with all our different versions): what is the current recommended version of mhapi for stable release of MakeHuman 1.1. .Is it github master? And if yes, could you test the Python3 branch of MHAPI with asset downloader on the stable release? It should work, too.

Yes, MHAPI master should be stable on both py2 and py3. The asset downloader works fine with py3 master and MHAPI master (I tested just now).

I'll have to check why the nightly binary build for py3 is broken while it works to run from source here.

as part of the post mortem somebody might want to run a diff of the refactor branch and the master to see why that swap fixes the bug (in case something like this happens again)
badwolf

Previous

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman