MHX2 updates

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MHX2 updates

Postby elijlyn » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:56 am

Sorry about the delay responding..I tried it on the default makehuman rig with and without toes and exported it as a mhx2, then on the import side , face shapes, face drivers , merge body parts, Genitalia=female and import "Exported Mhx"

summery of errors (sorry no screen shot) generated by makewalk trying to import BVH:
error line 556 in execute loadRetargetSimplify
line 476 loadRetargetSimplify scrRig
line 521 renamAndRescaleBvh
line 469 rescalerig bone upperleg01.L
Keyerror: key "upperleg01.L" not found
elijlyn

Postby ThomasL » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Fixed in the development version (of MH). Thanks for the report.
ThomasL

Postby elijlyn » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Thanks!! Is the development version of MH the same as the nightly? I susspect it's not, how can I obtain that version?
elijlyn

Postby RobBaer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:29 pm

Development version becomes the nightly version about a day later when it is automatically built. The nightly saves you from having to install Python and other dependencies at the cost of a days wait.
RobBaer

Postby elijlyn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:23 pm

I waited a couple of days, installed the nightly again and downloaded the development version MHX2 again (in-case updates) still getting errors on BVH import.
I did a little experimenting- created a fresh makehuman, choose the default rig and exported MHX2, in blender I imported it choosing the 'Exported Rig' option, tried to run the BVH import and BUMP, so next I
imported again choosing the MHX rig option this time and then ran the BVH import and it works and all the facial expressions are there. So now I'm really confused because I thought they would only be there using the mhx2 import.
I sure I'm overlooking something obvious.
I devised an experiment (wife is working tonight so it will keep me out of trouble)
R1 = Default Rig, R2 = CVM rig
E1 = Export MHX2 , E2 = Export something else
I-1 = import MHX, I-2 = MHX2

run all the combinations each time testing the BVH import:
R2 E1 I-1
R1 E1 I-1
R2 E2 I-1
R1 E2 I-1
R2 E1 I-2
R1 E1 I-2
R2 E2 I-2
R1 E2 I-2

I do this type of stuff for a living on mechanical machines, really don't know if it's validate for software.
elijlyn

Postby ThomasL » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:40 am

elijlyn wrote:downloaded the development version MHX2 again

No, the development version of MakeHuman, not MHX2. The bug was in MakeWalk which is bundled with MakeHuman.
ThomasL

Postby Fred Astair » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:49 am

I have expressions working fine in Blender, but I can't animate them.

I tried several different expressions at various positions along the timeline, then at each position I selected everything (pressing A) so that it was all highlighted, then I pressed 'i' and chose "LocRotScale" as the keyframe. When I tried to animate it, it just stays on whatever expression I choose now and does not change dynamically. It's as if the expressions are not able to be keyframed.
Fred Astair

Postby wolgade » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:40 am

Animating expressions is a bit tricky.

1. Set keyframes for your expressions for the facial bones. You won't see any animation at this stage.
2. Once you're finished, go to MHX panel and click "Remove Facerig Drivers". Now you see your animated face at the cost of loosing the expression tab.
wolgade

Postby Fred Astair » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:00 pm

wolgade wrote:Animating expressions is a bit tricky.

1. Set keyframes for your expressions for the facial bones. You won't see any animation at this stage.
2. Once you're finished, go to MHX panel and click "Remove Facerig Drivers". Now you see your animated face at the cost of loosing the expression tab.

You're right, it is tricky. Once you've removed the Facerig Drivers, you can't bring them back!
I figured out how to check out how the animation looks by removing the drivers, running the animation to see how the expressions look in a given situation,
and then using Ctrl Z to bring the drivers back. At least that way it's possible to check out a few hundred frames and then carry on.

I noticed though that other drivers have the option to reinstate the drivers. I wonder why the Facerig drivers don't?

I'm just grateful to have them available to use :)
Fred Astair

Previous

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman