Disable mask modifier without deleting it?

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

Disable mask modifier without deleting it?

Postby joepal » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:56 am

I'm playing around with clothes that have transparent sections. This obviously looks kind of strange when the vertices beneath the clothes have been masked. So I tried to disable the mask modifier for rendering, but it seems it can't be toggled (it's purple, and nothing happens whether it's lighter or darker purple).

I'd rather not remove the modifier altogether as I might need it in another scene.

Is there a way to just disable a mask modifier in MHX?

mask.png
Transparent clothes look strange with masking enabled
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Disable mask modifier without deleting it?

Postby ThomasL » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:07 pm

The buttons are purple because they are driven by rig properties. The idea is to make it possible to toggle visibility when the character is linked into another blend file, and the mesh is not accessible. To delete the driver, right-click on the button and select Delete Driver.

You must be using the old mhx, because in mhx2 visibility drivers are not added by default. Instead you find the button Add Visibility Drivers in the MHX2 Setup panel if the rig is selected.
ThomasL

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman