.mhx2 plugin will not load into MH nightly?

Discussions about MHX2 and other plugins that are developed outside the scope of MakeHuman. Note that bug reports should go to the respective code projects and might go unseen here.

Moderator: joepal

.mhx2 plugin will not load into MH nightly?

Postby Rhynedahll » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:07 pm

As of today, I could not get the .mhx2 plugin to load into the MH nightly.

Anyone else have this problem?
Orphan, an epic fantasy by H. Jonas Rhynedahll
The Key to Magic: Book One
Available on Kindle at Amazon: The Key to Magic
Rhynedahll

Re: .mhx2 plugin will not load into MH nightly?

Postby ThomasL » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Just updated the hg repo. No problems here. But I think I read something about problems with the nightly builds in general.
ThomasL

Postby Rhynedahll » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:15 pm

ThomasL wrote:Just updated the hg repo. No problems here. But I think I read something about problems with the nightly builds in general.

Thanks, Thomas, for the quick reply!

I want to say that I appreciate all the work that you have put into the MHX format over the years. As the only real plug and play Blender solution, it has been of much use to me.

I miss the old face rig. Is there any way that you could add it back to the .mhx2 platform?
Orphan, an epic fantasy by H. Jonas Rhynedahll
The Key to Magic: Book One
Available on Kindle at Amazon: The Key to Magic
Rhynedahll

Postby ThomasL » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:03 am

The oldest face rig (facial shapekey drivers really) from ca 2010 has been reimplemented in mhx2 since half a year ago. Select Override Export Data, Face Shapes and Add Rig. Then there should be an option for adding the schematic face bones to the armature. I don't remember exactly what the option is called, but it is in the rig section. This should work with all rigs except Exported.

Alternatively, you can add shapekey drivers as rig properties. The choice is a matter of taste, both of them should work with the viseme buttons and with file linking.
ThomasL

Postby Shaba1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:57 pm

ThomasL wrote: The choice is a matter of taste, both of them should work with the viseme buttons and with file linking.

EXACTlY what vis3me buttons are you talking about. Are they in blender or are they in makehuman
Shaba1

Postby ThomasL » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:07 am

Shaba1 wrote:
ThomasL wrote: The choice is a matter of taste, both of them should work with the viseme buttons and with file linking.

EXACTlY what vis3me buttons are you talking about. Are they in blender or are they in makehuman

They are a part of the mhx2 importer in Blender. See https://thomasmakehuman.wordpress.com/mhx2-documentation/import-into-blender/.
ThomasL

Return to MHX2 and other plugins developed outside MakeHuman